Thread: still waiting for ds x-ray results!

still waiting for ds x-ray results!

Hi,

I posted here about my son having a lump on his back and being referred to the paediatrician. He had x-rays taken last Wednesday and the consultant said that if anything untoward showed up i would receive a letter ut if nothing did then i would'nt. Anyway i broke down in the consultants office and he said that he would phone if there was anything to worry about. He also wants my son to have an ultrasound but i still don't have an appointment through for that. The consultant did say that it was non urgent but i'm still so worried and can't help thinking that maybe the consultant has missed something and should be treating my son as an urgent case. I find it very difficult to trust the doctors. Then i start thinking what if they have lost the x-rays! this is making my life a living hell at the moment.

Re: still waiting for ds x-ray results!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Hi,

I posted here about my son having a lump on his back and being referred to the paediatrician. He had x-rays taken last Wednesday and the consultant said that if anything untoward showed up i would receive a letter ut if nothing did then i would'nt. Anyway i broke down in the consultants office and he said that he would phone if there was anything to worry about. He also wants my son to have an ultrasound but i still don't have an appointment through for that. The consultant did say that it was non urgent but i'm still so worried and can't help thinking that maybe the consultant has missed something and should be treating my son as an urgent case. I find it very difficult to trust the doctors. Then i start thinking what if they have lost the x-rays! this is making my life a living hell at the moment.
    I am sure they would have contacted you if it was anything to worry about. You are going to have to be calm and confident for your sons sake. If you are crying all over the place imagine how he must be worried that there is something seriously wrong with him. Phone up the surgery and ask them if they have the results through yet.

I'm sure they would have contacted you as promised if anything was serious. Can you ring to chase the results? Please try and remember what they've said to you so far and I'm sure all will be well,
    Exx

Hi thanks for your replies, my son is 18 months old and does'nt have any idea about what is going on. I am actually holding myself together amazingly well considering i suffer terribly from health anxiety and depression. I was'nt told to phone for results but will give it another day or so and if i have not heard anything else then that is what i will do. I don't want to phone too soon and have to hype myself up on getting the results only to be told that they are not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Hi thanks for your replies, my son is 18 months old and does'nt have any idea about what is going on. I am actually holding myself together amazingly well considering i suffer terribly from health anxiety and depression. I was'nt told to phone for results but will give it another day or so and if i have not heard anything else then that is what i will do. I don't want to phone too soon and have to hype myself up on getting the results only to be told that they are not there yet.
    Well that is a blessing that he is too young to know what is going on. You must try not to fear the worse. Phone the surgery and ask if the results are through. I had a MRI on my head the first week in June and only had the results in July there was a back log and the radiologist was extremely busy trying to get through them all. And then when the report was sent to the consultant he was on holiday. This might be something similar with the X-Ray dept having lots of reports to get through. If you haven't heard anything it may be because there is nothing to report on.

Thread Information