Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Idea!

An Idea!

Hello

Was sitting thinking about chat. How feasible would it be to change the name from chatroom to help and support live or something similar so that this is the main focus kinda swap the help and chat as it is about. Is this making sense lol? so that help would be the main room and chat would be the secondary room.

What do you think?

Pooh xxxx
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Re: An Idea!

Hey NMP

I personally along with many others i have spoken to recently believe that the success of the chat rm is what it is because it's an area where the users go in and just off load their problems. Whether this be talking about their health issues, or their days problems or simply 'whatever'.

I am aware that some users do use chat specifically for help whilst others just to catch up and have a laugh. Maybe an alternative way around the recent problems in their would be to have 2 main rooms. One being help & support & the other general chit chat, and make it clearer than what it is already at present, as at the moment nobody i can see uses the other room. Therefore both rooms being made MORE SPECIFIC on their aims.

I don't think it should be expected that somebody needing help should made to feel an outcast just because others are catching up or having a laugh. However at the same time i don't think that the 'day to day' users should made to feel as though they are only there to give help and advice, as they have enough of their own problems. I personally want to forget about my problems whilst on chat and just have a social few hours chatting without the pressure of being made to feel as though you have talk about worries and concerns of other users.

i wondered concerning the recent problems whether there could be a teenagers room, with mods in to let them blow their steam off in a supervised way. praps fro a couple hours at night.

i dont mean to discriminate but i do know there has been concerns regarding adult convo and younger nmpers being on at night

just a thought

milly xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pooh - I have never thought of it that way! It does look like that you have to change rooms to get "help" which was never the intention so thanks for pointing that out to me.

I don't think we need to swap the rooms as such but maybe we lose the 2nd room altogether or rename it to something like "dedicated help" where people can maybe go and get just one or two others in there with them.

I prefer people to stay in one room and have general chat and help each other as necessary - which is the intention of the chat room anyway.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this room being deleted or renamed?

Nickie - we could end up having an empty room when you first enter chat if everyone is in the "other" room and again we have the issue of mods supervising 2 rooms at once. The other thing is that most people didn't even know you could change rooms lol.

Milly - part of the problem there is that we tie up a mod supervising one room and then the other room is left unsupervised. I think most of the mods would not want a separate youngsters room that they had to supervise. Thanks for the suggestion though.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

ok nic just a thought sorry

Don't be sorry Milly - all thoughts are welcomed

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

They sure are Milly!! Your suggestion was fab hun and maybe in the future we can do something about it but at the moment we don't have the man power to cater for it and the under 18's are few.

Huggies hun
    xxxxxxxx

hiya

i dont think there is a probs with the way things are really ppl come into the main room and then can go into help if they need it ,the main prob is when new users ect come in the room and there is talk that they dont exspect to see or ppl just fooling about that is the problem,i mean we all like a laugh and the most of the time chat is a nice place to be ,but in the last few days all i have seen is when a mod comes in it seems to be time to try get to them and make probs that dont need to be at the end of the day all users know what they can talk about and what they can not ,yes we are all adult but they are some young ones that go in and some older ppl who mabe dont like the talk that has gone on in there this week

jodie x

OMG Jen....well said lass!! agreed! xxx

i didnt mean to cause hassel

ive not been i n chat for a while

just read posts recently

i do appreciate all the mods and admin and all that they do for us, and would not want them to have any additional strain.

i was not thinking widely enough

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information