Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An Idea!

Re: An Idea!

Hiya

Just wanted to say I proposed this idea not because of what has or has not gone on before or to even open a debate about it, but rather thinking from the point of view ( and remembering what it was like) of a new user. There is a social element to chat ( there is a social element to NMP) that can be fast flowing, people catching up and having a laugh, and that can be very very difficult to jump in to if you are nervous and anxious. Changing rooms to "Help" does have a flavour of having to wade through first. I just thought that those wishing a social chit chat should do the wading lol and those coming into chat needing support will always hit that support first. I don't think one room would be empty ( main chat can and often is empty during the day)
    At the end of the day though it is only an idea and brainstorming and everyone having a good old conversation about the pros and cons to keeping it as it is or changing it I believe is always healthy and likely to result vin positives. For example the new lay out of the forum works in my opion much better than the last and yet on the surface the changes are really subtle.

Cheers for reading and contributing all

Pooh xxxxxxxx
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Theres that great saying "you can't please all of the people all of the time"

I think it would be a good idea that when we register, our date of birth becomes part of the sign up and along side your username is your age, i forget who is what age, and like tonight there was a youngster in chat and its so difficult to remember, if people wish to lie about their age then more fool them.

Pooh i think its a good idea, what you said, it can just be difficult pleasing everybody, but helping somebody should be more paramount after all isn't this site is what its all about, if we want to chat which is great, thats okay but we do have msn to do that on.

Good on you pooh for the caring thought.

If i could see an age next to a name i would be very careful on what was being said and i understand this would be a pain in the ass to get together, but in the long run i think it would pay off, just my thoughts.

di xx

Hi

Think there may be an advantage in having a choice of two rooms before you log into chat thus taking you into help or general chat......I would also suggest that a mod pms anyone who may be causing offence before they warn them openly in chat, thus allowing them that chance to conduct themselves in a proper manner.
    As for lack of mods, I am sure there are many people on here as members that would be willing to help in that role because its supporting the site they use.

So I am in favour of having a choice of two rooms before one enters chat

Oh I like the idea of having the option at the main sign in page of which room to enter. good idea purple.

Di... its true we do have msn to chat but i really do believe there is a real social chit chatty elemnet to membership of nmp for some people. They like to meet up in chat on their fave site and have a wee chat and laugh lol

the age thing is a good idea too not sure if its achievable but its a good idea

Thanks for your input di and purple

Pooh xx
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

With a name like mine I dont think theres any need to display my age!
    Everyone knows I constantly lie about me being 83 when actually Im 23!

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Aw GP

Ill make sure and respect my elders the next time I see you in chat. Should we have an old folks chat? lol

Course we should else where would miseire go for advice on keeping his dentures clean!

you need a bog roll. lol

we could call it the coffin dodgers room GP

RFLMAO

Pooh xx

i think that the help room doesnt allways work as sometimes people need help at night time and people dont see they have switched rooms so no one goes to help.maybe we could have a room made at night time by a mod for people who want to just chill out and the other rooms to be for help or people who are new and dont want to be in a room with so many people.

Do we move along with fate?
    Or is it fate that unravels wih the steps we take?

Good one pooh!
    More than nits and lice in your head

you need a bog roll. lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information