Thread: Need motivation!

Need motivation!

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on how to get motivated. I have been physically unwell for a few months and suffer anxiety as well.
    Now I am feeling a lot better (physically anyway) I need to start some kind of healthy lifestyle routine.

Just can't get going.

Re: Need motivation!

Small steps, what do you like doing, my daughter bought me a small trampett which I do in the privacy of my own home when I want, but if youve been unwell you will need to go slow, how about gradual walking and bake a nice helthy recipie?/
    just a thought, xxxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

Hi Alexis,

My back is the problem. Its a lot better than it was and I have been doing the exercises they gave me in physio but still can't walk very far. Have been told to build it up slowly. It seems just so much effort.
    Healthy cooking is a good idea.

i find any exercise an effort, I could say its a problem becuse of my weight, but Im too lazy. then when I start I love it,
    Backs are a problem as they limit what you can do, and you dont want to make it bad again, maybe you want something else to motivate you too, like a hobby?/ Crosswords, suduko, cross stitch, only a suggestion as exercise is restricted for you.
    xxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

I know what you mean. I've just had a bad time too and really sapped of energy. Like yourself I have a bad back too and find if I'm up and about for long periods or bending it aggrivates it.

As already said it's small steps. That is what I have been doing of late in the knowledge that with a little patience I'll eventually feel much better. I did the same last year and within a couple of months I was able to physically go much longer walks and more frequent.

All the best. Take it easy and try not to force things to quickly.

Nechtan

hi i know how it feels when it involves trying to motivate yourself im in that situation. but one suggestion for your back is a back support i got a good one from the chemist with supports in it and it made such a difference i was able to do so much more without so much pain coz the supports took some of the strain. Just a suggestion.

Thread Information