Thread: blood pressure

blood pressure

Hi, Im really worried I posted on here the other day about how Id been for a massage and a trainee had taken my blood pressure and did 3 readings and they were all really high well Im going the docs about it next week-but just told my mum and my mum is a worrier(where ive inherited it from i think) and she said it runs in our family and some of our family have had strokes, shes saying if it sky high then i'll be on blood pressure pills forever Im 26!!Im panicking now could I have a stroke or heart attack??I cant wait until next week I'll just worry myself stupid!!:(

Hi Kirgray

My blood pressure was high for over 2 years before they put me on medication for it so don't worry about it being high at the moment. You are very young still and I assume you are quite fit and healthy. The doctor will monitor it closely for a while and won't just immediately put you on medication.

Try not to worry about it cos then when you go to the doctor's it will be high anyway. Nothing will happen to you ok so try to be calm about it.

Nicola

thanks nic...I went into panic mode after my mum told me that!!. I was thinking oh christ I might have a stroke or heart attack-im always looking into my health anyway and thinking the worst will happen to me :(

Some people have high blood pressure and don't even know it!

Mine was only checked cos I was on the pill so I had to have it done every 6 months and that was when he asked me to monitor it at home and take the readings in for him.

I am sure you will be fine but let the doctor decide what is best ok?

Nicola

Don't worry Kirgray. Lots of people with anxiety have high blood pressure on and off..

Hi Kirgray,
    I remember your post last week and am still disgusted that a trainee beautician can cause so much anxiety, it is not right, anyway, i'm not at all medically trained, but i think you have to be tested 2 or 3 times over a period of time, to ascertain if your pressure is high, (at the doctors i mean, not some beauty clinic), they allow for anxiety, and if it is high, i believe that firstly you would be asked to change your lifestyle i.e. give up smoking, drinking or whatever, then after that it might be a tablet or two, forgive me if i am giving out false information and i'm sure Meg will tell you if i'm talking a load of rubbish, it's just someone close is having trouble at present and that's been the procedure so far, although everyone is different, try not to worry (easier said than done) take care.

Carlin,

You're spot on ..

Thread Information