Thread: Battling with my obsessive thinking

Battling with my obsessive thinking

Iv been feeling odd lately. I cant really describe it. Well, I'm not obsessively thinking about my breathing as usual yet I feel like Its taking a lot to not and I'm fighting with myself to not and I wish it wasn't this hard! I wish I could just relax but I feel like I really cant because than I would let my guard down with my obsessive thoughts and than they'd creep in. will this ever get easier? I just hate how this takes so much work and everything out of me to NOT obsessively think about my breathing. I just feel like any little thing can make me go a few steps back. I just feel like I am so vulnerable right now. like I am in a war with myself. . And I don't know who will win yet. If I stay strong and keep trying to not obsessively think (even though just trying not to makes me feel a little anxious and it's pretty hard. Like not obsessively thinking is not natural to me right now)will this get easier? Will it start to be more natural to me and not be so hard? I feel right now like it'll always be this hard to not think the way i used to and I'll always be battling with myself. Does anyone understand?

Re: Battling with my obsessive thinking

One thing you have to learn is that the harder you fight it the more you will notice it. Let it come when it does an deal with it at that time. It will be n your head for awhile but you cant give in to what the obsession wants. For every time you dont do what your obsession is it gets a little easier the next time because you saw that it didnt do anything to you. Breathing obsessions are quite normal with anxiety. your body will do this no matter what. Breathe, I mean. So the next time you try to fight the urge of thinking, dont, let it come but dont act on it. Take care.

Thank you so much!

You are so welcome, let me know if you have any more questions honey. Take care of yourself.

aw, If i think about my breathing it scares me, because i think if i stop thinking about my breathing i will stop breathing, it's kina weird, its not an obssesion thing thank god! what happens when you think about your breathing?

Thread Information