Thread: Female - 60mg Citalopram?

Female - 60mg Citalopram?

Hey There

I have been on 40mg for about 6 months, and it isnt working, seeing doctor tomorrow and would maybe go on 60mg? is this Ok for female? has it worked for anyone?

Anxiety is horrible, I have generalised disorder
    Thank you

Re: Female - 60mg Citalopram?

I'm on 60mg and it worked straight away for me I'm having a bit of an anxious time at the moment because of the doc wanting me to reduce another med that I take but till then I was feeling great I would say go for it!!!! I've had no side effects except for lack of libido ..........

oh thank you so much, i just took my first 60 about 5 minutes aog, from 40mg, usually i go up in 10mg...thank you for letting me know, I will ask a few questions maybe. i am so anxious but so happy too so hopefully this will do the trick.
    i cant believe I have put up with 40mg for 6 months not working to well l

Good luck ... I hope you start to improve real soon

i have had one night...not much reaction yet...but can tell it working, how long did it take for you to start working from 40-60mg? Did you get weird tingles side effects for a little?

Personally, I didn't have any side effects at all except for perhaps feeling slightly more tired! but I could feel myself improving within the first week ... such a lovely feeling good luck, I hope you improve the way I did

hiya i have been prescribed citalopram 40mg 2day 4 depression and am a bit scared of taking them as i have also been on sertaline and effexor in the last year and a half and have gained alot of weight. Did u find weight gain a side effect with citalopram??

Hey There
    I keep to a diet called CISCRO from diabetics in Aussie, 12 week eating plans, and its eases anxiety, I also walk each morning, and have about 4-5 snacks a day according to my own body.

The pills do play with you, so, you will feel neueous, and hungry, but, remember to listen to your body and opnly eat if your really hungry, you will eat a bit more on the drugs at first, but try and binge on carrots, or fruit, not too uch or you will become acidic :0)

You do not have to put on weight with these drugs - its your choice.

I have a muscle illness and cannot play sport, but a a healthy size 8 and been on anti-depressants./anxiety for about 3 years, no weight gain.,

Sometimes in a change or increase of medication, I may gain a few kgs, or, often lose a few, but never too much...it is important to not eat for the sake of it and know its anxiety causing it.

Gradual increases of the medication will prevent the hunger pains rather than a sudden 40mg.

Good luck and ask for more advice if need to,
    we are all in thie togethr :0) every 600000000 million of us lol

Chin up, your doing so well
    xx

I have been from 40mg to 60 mg now for two weeks, and although improved, it seems to be waves or either BAD or really good!
    IS this normal? Will it take 4-6 weeks to get rid of habit and fully survive?

Thread Information