Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of us have high BP?

How many of us have high BP?

They say one in every three. Just wondering how many of us in here suffer from high BP? What is your BP and are you on medication for it?

Re: How many of us have high BP?

If I can keep calm my blood pressure is fine for my age - I'm 47 yrs old and its 130/78 when I am calm BUT take it before I have a medical test and they sit me in the naughty corner until it has gone down a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just goes to show how sheer terror affects your blood pressure. I have learnt to slow breathe for 10 mins before its taken if it is before a test - my Dr catches me out and just suddenly bangs on the cuff and its always normal when she does that but if she says next time I see you we will take your blood pressure -- white coat syndrome here we come.

I tend to have low BP

Mine is high and on medication for it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Same here.. BP high and on medication (which I hate taking)

Blood pressure!!!!

Mine can be ok but on several occasions its been high and that worries me (no surprise there) 135/95.

At the moment im really stressed so i would expect it to be high.

love lilibet x

Mine was always normal (usually around 130 over 83 ish) through 4 pregnancies, 2 divorces and numerous family crisis and house moves (in uk) and years of on and off anxiety, plus menopuase 5 years ago. It never wavered.

Then this time last year after id moved to germany i had it tested and it was 180 over 110...scary! ive been on betablockers ever since but the side effects from these cause their own problems, but they seem to keep my blood pressure steady and these days it usually hovers around 145 over 90 which is still higher than ideal.

Cathy xxx

Oh, and my mum who never suffered with anxiety ever, and who sailed through the menopause, still ended up with high bp in her 50s and the docs say it can be sort of passed on. But i aslo remember an ex sister-in-law who was always being told her bp was high and she was only in her early 30s and as far as i know shes still around and is now in her 50s. So i guess it can happen anytime...its just that i wasnt prepared for it and it drives me mad that its happened!

So not too many of us. Nicola and those that answered yes what meds do you take and what is your BP like while medicated?

yeah same here i'm on beta blockers for my heart rate was high when i'm worked up and when i'm at home my bp is110/60 then i went to the docs appointment today and it was 130/90 and i can feel myself getting worked up before i go in. anyway i hope its low when i go to the cardiologist on friday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information