Thread: Ladies only please - period has gone mad!!!

Ladies only please - period has gone mad!!!

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help me

My periods are regular, but this month I had a normal one and now a week later Ive got another one.

Why is this happening? I keep thinking about Jade Goody who was rushed to hospital with bleeding. Im waiting to haemorrage and its making me feel very anxious. I cant breathe properly and feel a bit faint with it, so now I think Ive got major blood loss and its making me faint and I will collapse!

I dont want to go to the doc as he thinks Im neurotic anyway. I dont want him to tell me Im being silly, and my hormones are to blame.

Has anyone else suffered with this problem? Any replies would be much appreciated!!

Many thanks - Lizzie xx

Re: Ladies only please - period has gone mad!!!

Hi Lizzie

I'm not sure what age you are but this could be a contributing factor in terms of hormone cycles. I personally go through phases of my period being bang on 4 weeks then it drops down to two weeks this is due to hormone fluctuations which is resolved by a quick course of synthetic hormones. Although you dont want to I would suggest you go to the doctor and just describe your symptoms. There is most likely a really simple explanation for it all.

Take a breath and make an appointment and let us know how it goes

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Hi Lizzie, you didn't mention your age so I'm not sure whether this is something to do with peri menopause. I am 51 and have recently been having problems with irregular bleeding. I just bled for what turned out to be about 1 month, first spotting then a period then spotting again for another week!! I have just posted a thread here myself if you want to have a read.
    My advice would be to go and see your GP just to get checked over, I am sure it is nothing at all to worry about as periods do sometimes go a bit irratic. It's always best to get things checked out though. Take care. Mary x

Just to give you an idea on fatal blood loss. If you are soaking through a pad in an hour or less you need to go to the hospital. Same, if you soak through a tampon in less than 2 hours I think.

it may be just your anxiety influencing your cycle, but still go to a doctor.

Lizzie

I am having issues with my periods as well at the moment and coupled with incredible pains in the pubic area so I am going for a scan on Monday to make sure there is nothing major causing this.

If you have no other pain then I would say that it is normal and last year my periods stopped altogether for 4 months and the doc said it was fine and they would start again and they did.

I am 42 by the way.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am 47yrs old and for past 18 months have had every conceivable variation in my periods thats possible I went through a phase of bleeding slightly constantly for up to 6 weeks at a time ending with4 days of horrific flooding.

I was told that if you soak through a nightime pad in half an hour and this goes on for hours then you need to go to hospital or if you have heavy period that lasts longer than 7 days and they mean very heavy.

I would then go up to three months period free. I really did not know what was going to happen at all.

I got in a right old panic as you can imagine and rushed to my Dr insisitng on seeing a gyny and had all the tests - ultrasound, bloods, ovarian cancer blood test, hysersoocpy with biopsy and d&c under general aneathesia and nothing everything was compeltely normal so it was all put down to hormones and perimenopause.

Now my periods are regular again every 24-28 days but some months I only bleed slightly for a few days then other its very heavy for 7 days.

Now the periods are regular I have got hot flushes!!!!!!!! I didin't ahve them when my periods were haywire.

Joys of womanhood

If it continues for weeks then go to Dr and asked to be checked out is you are over 40 yrs old.

Thread Information