Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: benefits

Question benefits

Hello
    I'm claiming incapacity low rate, for agoraphobia, do you think it would be possible to claim living allowance, has anyone like me been been able to claim this benefit. thanks

Re: benefits

Hi,

I am agoraphobic and i claim disability living allowance at the low rate. You should be able and are entitled to claim it also.

Thank you!!

you can get DLA at the middle rate for agoraphobia to. i do
    turned back upon the past?

"you can get DLA at the middle rate for agoraphobia to. i do"

I didn't know that you must be good at filling in forms . I tried once but failed, so i claimed the care component as well at the low rate instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluk View Post
    "you can get DLA at the middle rate for agoraphobia to. i do"

I didn't know that you must be good at filling in forms . I tried once but failed, so i claimed the care component as well at the low rate instead.
    oh yeah. my social worker told me that you need to lay it on quite thick with these forms to get the money you should to pay for treatments ect. i followed her advice and now i get IB, DLA at the lower rate on mobility and the middle rate on care. or the other way round lol which ever one it is. if you guys need any help with the forms or any one u can msg me on here and ill give u my msn address

also guys, when filling in the forms dont just fill in the mental health bit, tell them in other sections how your panic attacks affect ure day to day physical activites. just a tip i picked up from other agoraphobics at my support group

I'm on incap benefit, but claimed dla and didn't get a thing!!! I am housebound agoraphobic + have back problems, chronic fatigue & chronic lung disease!! I could try & claim again but my circumstances haven't changed since last time. It makes me mad that different areas of the country seem to have different rules I also had someone help me fill in the claim form. I had a dcotor come out to see me, he was here an hour, gave me all kindsa tests & asked loadsa stupid questions I got told that you don't get the money cause you have the illness, you get it to help you and they said that extra money wouldn't help me! FFS who couldn't do with some extra money!!!!BLAH

Just having a rant.

Els
    xx

i get low rate dla i got refused the first time but i appealed it and got it. if any of yous have a support worker or a cpn they can fill it inn my support worker done mine and applealed it thats how i got mine.

i also get sickness beneift on top of my income support have not tried to apply for incap dont think ill get it as i get sickness on my income support.

they are also loads of place that can help u too the cizents advice place and any other place that offers advice will help u fill it inn also.

As an ex benefits decision maker I agree with everything that's been said . The trouble is the decision maker dealing with your claim only has a brief handbook to go by , it just gives a rough description of the customers illness and roughly the parameters they would fit into regarding ability and care going by the answers they've put on the form, the more supporting evidence you can send in the better ie; letters from your Dr,Cpn,therapist or social worker.Look at it from the point of view that the care element relates to the personal care someone has to give you compared to that required by a "normal person"same thing for the Mobility ellement.
    I get very annoyed with some of the decision I've been hearing about recently,they do seem to be turning more and more people down yet this Government can pay child benefit for children of migrant workers that don't even live in this country.
    I'll stop now before I get on my political soapbox.
    Oh and don't forget to claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit if you have to pay rent or council tax.

Best wishes
    Decca.
    Last edited by decca; 16-08-08 at 15:04.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information