Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How easy was it for you to get an MRI done?

Re: How easy was it for you to get an MRI done?

I saw a neurologist only a couple of weeks ago and Im going tomorrow for an MRI - am absolutely terrified. More concerned with how long the results will be.

Quote Originally Posted by lynny30 View Post
    I saw a neurologist only a couple of weeks ago and Im going tomorrow for an MRI - am absolutely terrified. More concerned with how long the results will be.
    May I ask why you are having one?

My Mum had an anuerysm back in February and since about May I have been getting pains in the back of my head which neurologist says is due to stress/being tense etc. Given my health anxiety I became extrememly worried and the doc referred me for scan as he said it would be better for me to know whether I might have the same thing as my Mum or not. Its a real catch 22 situation. Am I opening a can of worms which neednt have been disturbed or hopefully get a positive answer to a fear that is with me daily. Sorry I went on a bit there!!

Quote Originally Posted by lynny30 View Post
    My Mum had an anuerysm back in February and since about May I have been getting pains in the back of my head which neurologist says is due to stress/being tense etc. Given my health anxiety I became extrememly worried and the doc referred me for scan as he said it would be better for me to know whether I might have the same thing as my Mum or not. Its a real catch 22 situation. Am I opening a can of worms which neednt have been disturbed or hopefully get a positive answer to a fear that is with me daily. Sorry I went on a bit there!!
    I am sure it will be OK but please don't worry every time you get a headache you will make yourself ill. It is a worry when a member of the family has a serious illness/complaint.

I went to see the GP and neuro 2 weeks ago and I have one this Friday so very quick for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information