Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Rocket fuel" for depression - if SSRI's havent worked, pls read!

Re: "Rocket fuel" for depression - if SSRI's havent worked, pls read!

Itook an SNRI before citalopram and it made me feel out of controL with deep deppression and suicidal thoughts. They are meant to work for people suffering with depression ,but the results against anxiety arent as good .Dont honestly know what my DR was thinking about giving me these 3 weeks before my holiday,needless to say I didnt go ...and its left me even more phobic about going away..Suexx

Reboxetine a.k.a Edronaux aka edronax is amazing for anyone who is feeling crappy from antipsychotics such as paliperidone or risperidone. If you feel like all your motivation is gone, your sex drive is gone, you can't enjoy anything in life, you don't appreciate music anymore, all these things, it's called anhedonia. You need to get some edronaux and also probably have hyperprolactinaemia so could benefit from some cabergoline to get your prolactin down.

Seriously, this stuff is rocket fuel and will give you your life back.

90 days on 10 mg ritalin will restore sexual function completely as well.

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Reboxetine a.k.a Edronaux aka edronax is amazing for anyone who is feeling crappy from antipsychotics such as paliperidone or risperidone. If you feel like all your motivation is gone, your sex drive is gone, you can't enjoy anything in life, you don't appreciate music anymore, all these things, it's called anhedonia. You need to get some edronaux and also probably have hyperprolactinaemia so could benefit from some cabergoline to get your prolactin down.

Seriously, this stuff is rocket fuel and will give you your life back.

90 days on 10 mg ritalin will restore sexual function completely as well.

I was given Mirtazapine as an add odd to Venlafaxine,and this combo brought me out of one of the worst depressions I ever had.
    The Venlafaxine on its own had "pooped out", and when the Mirt was added,it was like some one switching a light on in my head within a matter if days.
    I've also heard of this combo referred to as California rocket fuel.

How does this compare to SNRI's that work on both serotonin and norepinephrine? NRI's are aimed at norepinephrine only but have a small effect on serotonin as well.

Isn't this the argument behind SNRI's? SNRI's have only been found marginally more effective than the older SSRI's. NRI's have been found more effective in some studies but there seems to be some concern of the validity of those studies.

Maybe we can all end up on SNDRI's and get dopamine in there too?!

Where does hyperprolactinaemia come into this? Are you suggesting that dopamine levels have been inhibited? In which case wouldn't it be a better alternative to boost dopamine levels naturally instead of using cabergoline to provide a potent boost which is 'off label' in some countries for use alongside SSRI's? Maybe try natural increases of supplementation of tyrosine and L-phenylalanine?

Could it even be that GABA levels are too high since that inhibits dopamine?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 22-12-14 at 07:42.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...nt-in-science/

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

And the meta-analysis report itself ...
    http://www.bmj.com/content/341/bmj.c4737

Mind you, we are all different, and I have no doubt it has helped those who feel it has. But the studies in support of reboxetine were definitely skewed by the manufacturer. Soul less.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Aprilmoon, how are you doing now that you have weaned off the mirt? I have heard so much about weight gain on mirt, but you didn't gain weight, you said, by packing the fridge with loads of fresh fruits and veg I am not afraid to try it as an add-on to my ven, thanks to your experience! Are you sleeping alright these days? ... So little daylight right now I feel like going into hibernation, lol!

If the OP has had good results with Reboxetine then good for him. However as SADnmore points out it, Reboxetine aka Edronax is one of the few modern antidepressants that is basically been proven NOT to work well.

It might be a good add-on medication for some people but I'm not sure it is great as a stand alone antidepressant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOWHYNVlqGA

Another thing is Venlafaxine (effexor) and Duloxetine (cymbalta) are supposed to be SNRI medications but the jury is out on how much actual "N" they do work on.

I believe the older tricyclic medication Clomipramine works as an SNRI and is supposed to be very effective for depression but doctors don't prescribe that much anymore.

There is also a big different between the effect of those per dose Yenool since Duloxetine is far stronger in terms of the 'N'. So, Venlafaxine can be working no more than the SSRI's until you reach the threshold for it to interact with the 'N' element.

I've been on Duloxetine for several years now and I can tell you that it does work on the 'N' because I have felt the effects. Tapering on at 30mg didn't seem to affect it but the increase to 60mg gave me seriously strong adrenaline rushes that I had only felt from a streong combination of sports supplements in the past. However, once past the side effects window, I have only experienced the rushes 2-3 times in several years.

I'm unsure about why interacting with 'N' is of much use to be honest unless working with depression because more adrenaline is the last thing we need with anxiety. I need to research that element to understand what it should be doing. I know I have been different to when I was on a SSRI before but whether I'm better, I'm not sure. My relapse was worse so its hard to measure it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information