Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS fear is back

Re: MS fear is back

If there was any sign of demylineation I'm sure it would have shown up on your spine. Can anyone confirm pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Does anyone else have such constant muscle twitch/pulses though? Mine seem to be almost non-stop! As I said my calves are constantly 'bubbling' with small little pulses that you can see. I've just come back from a lunchtime walk and now the backs of my thighs are going nuts - rippling all over. It's making me feel really low.

I want to find someone else to take my MRI scan to look at with and specifically with regards to MS. Just don't know where to go...?

I get those twitching/ pulsating muscles, although mine seem to be fading away, Just one twitch (eg: last few days im getting them in my hand again) scares me so much, and i guess its that 1% of fear that keeps them around.

If your not getting any weakness then im sure the twitching is benign.

There is that syndrome called Benign Fasciculation Syndrome. Ive been reading into that and my twtiches do tend to match that.

I get all over body twitches which feel like a single pop or bubble. Mostly they last for 1 second, however some times they can last from 2 to 5 seconds.

Then ive noticed i have hotspots. These spots i begin to twitch for about 3 days non stop, and then it fades away. These scare me the most as when it happens they go on for 20 to 30 seconds, and then stop for a few minutes and then come back again. They occur in the same spot and last for about 3 days. So far ive had them in my left hand, and in my thigh.

Ive also noticed then if i tighten the muscle they occur in, they stop. But then the downside to that is i end up with muscle pain for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by veebee View Post
    If there was any sign of demylineation I'm sure it would have shown up on your spine. Can anyone confirm pls?

I think so Veebee. No point a Dr sending you for an MRI if nothing will show up. And i think they only scan the top part of the spine ie: the part that connects to the brain and in the neck. (as well as the brain)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information