Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Propranolol dosage, different anxiety control?

Re: Propranolol dosage, different anxiety control?

I started this med a week ago and it's been awful as far as side effects go. I've had a constant headache (everyday), so the doctor has told me to come off of them. Have any of you experienced this? Maybe this isn't the med for me..... If I can't function on them, then it's not the drug for me. I work full time and have a family to take care of--- as well as myself!

I know this is an old thread but wondered if you had found which dose best suited? I was on 40 mg as and when needed and have increased to 80mg Half beta prograne sustained release but not felt as though I had taken anything.

I currently take 30mg twice a day so 60mg in total. This has recently been upp'd from 20mg twice a day as my anxiety is off the scale at the moment. It hasn't really made much difference. I guess it's just taking the edge of it.

I used to take the 80mg sustained release ones when my anxiety was first bad and they worked a treat. I think it's trial and error with the dosage. I think as the sustained released ones are a gradual release so you only get a bit of it during the day whereas you get the full effects of the dosage when you take the other type.

I stopped taking it after 8 days and my headaches are gone. It helped a bit with lowering my heart rate (which made me feel better), but other than that, I felt no sense of calmness. I was so sluggish and couldn't work out. I also gained about 7 pounds in the 8 days I was taking it. I was eating like crap and not running. I love running, so cannot take these beta blockers. If I can't run, then the med is not for me. I NEED exercise to bring me those happy feelings!

Thanks Carrera74 - I take it for nerves, silly really as get nervous at work when being watched, all in the mind, if only I could control it - hence the slow release not noticed working. Any tips on controlling the shaking hands and voice would be soooo welcome.

Ethansmom I have been eating and eating since taking it, have put on half a stone in a month and need to lose it quickly, any tips?

Thank you[COLOR="blue"]
    Last edited by Monalisasmiler; 12-10-17 at 16:20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information