Thread: Brain goes mad during panic attack

Brain goes mad during panic attack

Hi there,

I was wondering if any of you have this symptom during a panic attack.

Firstly I feel I cannot think and it feels like a thick fuzzy fog comes over my brain.

Next and this one I cannot understand my brain keeps on playing a song I have heard over and over again in my head. I then hear myself singing it and getting very irritated and grind my teeth.

This is while I am sweating all over and fidgeting like mad. I then have to move and I mean move fast until I am on my own or in an area of fresh air.

The only way I can describe it is when I have had my worst flu case and my brain was fuzzy and couldnt think straight.

Re: Brain goes mad during panic attack

I have had the fuzzy head. It usually comes witht he balance problem. Think of the song as your brains way of protecting you and not an annoyance. I really wouldnt worry about a song going through my head, unless its a dumb one. Not to make light of this. The fuzzy head is a horrible symptom as is forgetting what you were going to say or do. Try to relax when this happens becuse the faster you do the quicker it goes away.

The foggy mind comes along with a panic attack in my case to so I can relate to that. The song repeating over and over is not so strange- though it feels that way. From what I have read a when your nerves are exhausted, as they are with a panic attack, mental resilience is lessened. I've had songs, sounds and even images repeat over and over again at certain times. Very irritating and very scary. It would appear in this tired state the more we concentrate on them to make them go the more they stick.

All the best

Nechtan

I get the "fuzzy head" too, it feels like a band around my head, and it's hard as hell to think straight. I usually get a real heavy feeling in my chest too, and feel like my BP is through the roof.

Thread Information