Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctors and Agoraphobia

Unhappy Re: Doctors and Agoraphobia

Quote Originally Posted by solent View Post
    How do you agoraphics cope when you need to see a doctor? he last time I visited to renew my meds I got so anxious during the thrity minute wait to see him that I couldn't even sit in the chair while we where chatting and I had to pace about the room.

Do you find doctors (in the UK) are willing to make a home visit if you are too anxious to go and see them?
    My practice is a nightmare. Despite being asthmatic, having abnormal t waves on an ECG, spinal problems, a non-malignant tumour on my kidney, them reducing a low dose of valium they refuse to come out. I have developed agoraphobia as a result of too much stress and not being listened to by the practice. In affect they have put my life at risk. Disgusted

Re: Doctors and Agoraphobia

My GP is fab, he comes to see me this last year, he's seen me 3 times. I have chronic fatigue and an underactive thyroid and he totally gets how it's made me anxious again so he will do a home visit. He is great. He is coming here Friday to do my blood test.

I know I am very lucky to have found a GP who will do this. Not all GP's are as understanding about anxiety.

B

Re: Doctors and Agoraphobia

The receptionist are usually understanding if you say you can't sit in the waiting room , they can put you in another room or make sure you are seen as soon as you go in. Also you could ask for a phone appointment if it's something that doesn't actually need a doctor in person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information