Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fluoxetine (prozac) and diazepam (valium)

fluoxetine (prozac) and diazepam (valium)

Hiya,
    ive just been prescribed these two meds (fluoxetine and diazepam) and am quite nervous about taking them!! I really worry about side effects and i was just wondering if anybody had any experience with these meds- preferably positive! lol.

Thank you
    Em x

Hi Emmie,

Im on 40mg of Prozac a day and I have Diazapam to take as and when needed. Around christmas, I needed the Diazapam quite often. Now I hardly need it, only around PMS time. I didnt have any side effects at all. Although the Prozac do take a few weeks to kick in and the Diazapam can make you drowsy.

I know how you feel about taking them, it took me 3 months to get the perscription. Im glad I did, and Im well on the way to a more positive outlook on life.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

hi emmie,
    you know what they say...different strokes for different folks and all that.
    i've only ever been on diazepam - was a fairly low dose. started off taking 5mg over the course of the day and gradually started taking smaller doses. now i reckon i use it once or twice a week - it always calms me down and i've never had bad side-effects.
    hope that helps!
    henri

Emma and Henri,
    thank you very much for your replies. Its made me feel a little better now. I guess i just have to give it a whirl and see how it works for me. Good to hear that the meds are working for you both. Take care

Em xxx

Hi Emmie

I have been on both, but now, just on diazepam (2mg at nights) , I ve been on diazepam for quite a while now, and honestly, it helps me a lot with panic/anxiety, the problem with this sort of medication is the addiction, but its ok for a few weeks.
    Prozac has helped me in the past with depression but not with anxiety and is the only anti depressant that didnt give me bad side effects.
    Hope that helps, don't worry about taking them or side effects, they won't hurt you, just try and see how you get on.
    Take care.
    Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Hi Emmie,

I've never taken either med myself, but I wanted to let you know that my Mom takes Prozac, and as soon as it kicked in she was in the Doctor's office praising God for whoever invented it!! Just remember that its not instantaneous!

Lisa

I took Diazapam and it was a life saver only thing is it knocked me out which was good at the time because i was having a really hard time sleeping and relaxing.

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

Hello,
    Florence- do you know if prozac is supposed to help with anxiety? That is what i thought i had but now im thinking it was a rather odd choice of medication. Maybe it helps both anxiety and depression-im just a little confused! lol [:I]

Lisa-thank you for your reply, it has made me feel a bit more positive. I hope it has the same effect for me as it did your mum!!

Sarah-Jane- I am glad thy work for you-its a good job i got your reply because i was thinking of taking one tonight to calm me down before i start my night shifts but i dont want to fall asleep on the job so id better give it a miss! lol

Love Em xxxx

Hi Emmie

Yes its supposed to help with anxiety also, it works wonders for some people, and we all have different experiences, side effects, reactions, etc ...with this type of medication. I guess you should try it and see how it goes for you, only you will know how you react to it, hope that makes sense.
    Take care.
    Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Em

I have been on both Prozac and Diazepam at the same time with no ill effects.

The Prozac helped the depression I had but did not touch the panic attacks.

I hope it helps you too.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information