Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: chest pains

Re: chest pains

welcome to nmp hunny

love from milly xxxx

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the site
    One very important part of anxiety that can cause crushing chest pain is a chronic hyperventilation state. This same syndrome also causes high anxiety and malfunction of many organ systems. This chronic state is probably not obvious to you or others around you but good indicators are do you sigh a lot, yawn and tend to breath through an open mouth.

Many doctors recognise acute hyperventilation but not the chronic type. Have a look on the web at a site named (Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome a diagnosis begging for recognition) I have been diagnosed with this about a year ago and it is a difficult one to master changing your breathing pattern.
    There is a lot of debate in the medical fraternity whether anxiety causes hyperventilation or whether hyperventilation causes anxiety. I think that hyperventilation causes anxiety and panic disorder and can go on to other distressing conditions if not treated effectivally. I have just been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which some doctors believe may be started by a hyperventilatory disorder.

A usefull book if you think that this may apply to you is Dinah Bradburys book Breathing pattern disorders ( hyperventilation syndrome)

I hope that this may explain a reason for the chest pain that you may be experiencing especially over such an extended time. Also have you thought about an oesophageal problem brought on by acid reflux exaccerbated by anxiety. If concerned get checked out by your doctor as all chest pain must be taken seriously and investigated urgently.

I wish you all the best
    Ron

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Hello! I am no stranger to this site and in the past I have found it very reassuring.

Of late I have been having terrible chest pains, I am told that this is due to Acid Reflux. The remedy is Omprezaole (Sp?) but I don't like taking this as it doesn't agree with me.

Can anyone suggest a good antacid?..............I am fed up of going to the Docs as I feel like I should just take a bed there and move in Lol!

It is said that when we are anxious - "Our Stomach weeps" - it is a vicious circle as worrying makes things worse.

Kind regards,
    KimmYx

Hi Sharon
    Its great that you've plucked up the courage to get posting.
    I'm new to here and also worried about introducing myself.
    Glad that you are taking positive steps by airing your problems.

ClockworkOrange

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information