Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chest pains

chest pains

Hi everyone my name is Sharon, i'm 41, i'm new to this, it's taken me days and days to work out how to find this introduce myself page (hehe).
    I have suffered for years with anxiety, panic, and the last 7 years have suffered ocd :(, i was a long time out of work because of all these problems but last year decided that my life had become so bad i had to get out so i just jumped into the first job i could, it's shop work, not particularly hard but stressful for me because of my problems.

I am now in a very bad way as i am suffering from very bad chest pains all the time, constantly they feel like crushing pains and i'm terrifird i'm having a heart attack, i have had the pains for the past 8 months at least, have no idea what's causing them, everyone is telling me i'm not having a heart attack because i have had the pains too long for them to be serious, but as i am sure you will all understand that means jack to me, any pain in the chest to me is a heart attack and my life is becoming so badly affected by it that i am on the verge of having to give up my job again :( something i desperatly want to avoid as i have made new friends and have a reason to get up in the morning, any advice, words........anything really would be lovely.

hi Sharon, the more you worry about chest pains and having hearts attacks the worse the pain is going to get. I suffered from the same problem and still do every now and then. Its all anxiety, try and not think of the pain and it will go away. If you have never had a check up at the docs then go to see him just to reassure yourself.

Buy a relaxation cd, run a nice lavender bath and chill baby

Hi Incii

Look at it in a different way. If you got into severe difficulties at work your colleagues at work would help you... Why are you thinking of giving it up . Every day where you get through work is a success.

Chest pain is a very common symptom of anxiety indeed and as long as you have been properly checked out medically then you do need to accept this as anxiety and try to overcome the fear it produces... every day is a success..

Relaxation and exercise and stretching are key to dissipating it.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hello Incii,

Welcome to the forum!!

I also get the chest pain. I used to have it everyday but now I only have it about once every few weeks. The key to getting rid of it is not letting it scare you and relaxing. Have you tried any relaxation cds? They helped me loads..

Sarah

hello incii, i to have chest pains, mine move from the centre, then to one breast then another, its mine main syptom now and i also get it everyday, have u been to your doc? i've been to 6 docs and they all say its muscle pain and hiatus hernia. they also said with the muscle pain i should do more exercise. i have posted a few posts on my chest pains, have a read of them and the repiles and u will c that a lot of people suffer from the same thing, i hope this helps and rememeber we r all here to help. take care xxx jwonka

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the forum, you'll get loads of support here and hopefully we can help you get thru this.
    Like Meg said, chest pain is very common with anxiety, I too get it from time to time, muscle tension/spasms can be very painful.
    If your pain is not too severe, try to stretch the chest and back area, and while you do so, regular and deep breath. Should help release some tension.
    Take care.
    Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

hi and welcome i also get those chest pains too and ive been to the docs twice and its just anxiety it does that so u will panic if u ignore it tell urself its nothing it will go away.

Hi Sharon

I tried to email you yesterday but it got bounced so I am pleased to see that you posted today.

Welcome aboard the forum.

The chest pain is very common and although I know it is hard work to ignore it, it will go in time. The best thing for it is exercise. Try some swimming or even just some stretches to help it.

Don't give up work as you obviously like it there and then you will be back at square one sitting in the house with too much time to think about the chest pains.

Nicola

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the forum

I also have the constant chest pains and thinking about it does make it worse. Please get checked out by the docs to give peace of mind

love

MANDIE XX

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information