Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chest pains

Hi all
    I can't thank you all enough for the support and advice you have shown. i feel i can go forward now, take on board what you have all said, get a check up and definitly start some stretching exercises, and get myself some relaxation cd's. Knowing there are people here is a huge comfort to me i can't express my gratitude enough i owe you all, because untill today i felt so desperate and alone.
    Hope you all know what you have done for me, it's helped beyond words
    take care all, i'm gonna like being here
    [:X] Sharon

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the forum.
    I also used to get chest pains and was convinced it was my heart, but it will eventually go away. As you have said yourself if it was your heart your symptoms wouldn't have lastd as long before something serious happened.
    It's just lovely Mr Anxiety rearing his ugly head in one of his many guises.

Take care

Elaine x

Hello all
    i just wanted to update everyone and say a big thanks.
    After joining the site a few weeks ago and posting this message, i took the advice and also read the welcome pages.
    Started doing some regular streching exercises and relaxation, and i can hand on heart say i have not had these dreadful chest pains since that day.................... AMAZING.
    After spending almost an entire year with pains so bad i realy truely thought i was having a serious heart related problem, they have gone, i am so grateful for the advice that day because i was at such a low ebb.
    I found it quite amusing too in the sence that as i read it and thought about doing the steching i thought what can i lift gently behind me to help strch these mussles, while thinking i stood up put my hands behind my back and lifted my computer chair (leather high backed thing with arms not too heavey) almost imidiately i could feel the muscles releacing some of the tension.....ironic when yuou think computers get blamed for so much badness yet you being here and that chair helped me from pain for that i am dead gratefull from the bottom of my heart, i can work pain free now which obviously is helping with the panic and the anxiety, i have even decided to return to work early (have been sined off for a month) the doc has said if im up to it i can go back and i surely feel better prepared now

Take care
    Sharon xxxxx

hi incii,i also suffer from chest pain and use to think there was something wrong with my heart or lungs,but a x-ray and heart tracer test showed nothing,so i know what you are going through,wot people have said about relaxtion seems to work for me

metal,rock, and hardcore music is my life!

Sharon,

Do I take it you are no longer giving up work then ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Glad you are feeling better Sharon. Good luck at work!!

Nope Meg
    i'm staying at work, i have managed to come further this last week than i have in years so i'm going back earlier than planned and actualy looking forward to it (only cos i have some lovely friends there) not the actual act of working....perish the thought.

Love Sharon xxxxx

Good for you Honey ...

Thats great news.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Glad you are feeling better Sharon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Re: chest pains

Hi All,

I am new to this site but not at all new to stress and anxiety. It seems to have ruled my life for years. I am so happy I have found this site and read that I am not loosing the plot.

At Easter I was lying on the sofa, moved and had a sharpe muscle pain above my left breast. It went almost straight away but every now and then it niggles abit and I worry. I am constantly lifting my children so I am guessing it's not had chance to heal properly. Over the past couple of weeks I have been very stressed and seem to have tight niggley pains in my chest, or discomfort. I am so worried it is my heart but it's not crippling me. I spoke to my dad as he used to be a SHARE councellor (stress group). He said I can get this sort of thing when stressed. It's scarey. I worry there is something wrong with my heart all the time. And I guess by doing that it makes all these things worse. Over the past few years I have also suffered with lightheadedness, dizzy spells...all the great Stress and Anxiety symptoms. Trouble is when people tell you it's stress you don't believe them, or is it you don't want to believe them?!?! Well I'm glad I have found you guys now so I can share my thoughts and hopefully start to sort my mind out and feeling out.

Lou x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information