Thread: What is your ear ringing like?

What is your ear ringing like?

Hello, I have had just about every single anxiety symptom known to man, but as always I get hung up on just one like most of us. My eyes used to pulse for months, but that went away when the headaches came, but that went away when the face pressure started, but that went away when the eye pain started, so now I have ringing in my ear! I tell you the above because the realist in me thinks my mind is making something that is normally there really loud and noticeable. I have this ringing mostly in my left ear (sometimes right too, never really at the same time) that seems to pulse, sometimes with my heart, but sometimes not. It is very high pitched, like higher than the standard white noise ring. It is almost as if I can hear the blood moving around in there. I had my wife sit in a quite room and she claims she can hear it too. But then again <when I look it up, it > says its pulsating tinnitus which has a million bad things associated with it. I did read one post somewhere else that says you (normal people) can experience this when concentrating on it. Any one else ever hear this typing of noise? It never seems to be there when I have my mind off things, but sitting here at work it is very noticeable and like most. I never notice it when exercising, which I think it would be worse if it was pulsating tinnitus. It also seem worse when I tilt my head back (muscle tension related??). If I take my mind off it for a while then sit in a quite in room it takes a minute to "find" the noise again, is it my mind playing games on me? Thanks!

Re: What is your ear ringing like?

Hi there,

I can sympathise with your litany of anxiety complaints, mine moph from one thing to another, as soon as I have mastered one the ol' brain throws me another

I have had the tinnitus thing, nearly drove me nuts........but it does go away, there is research that if you put people into a vacuum proof environment they report hearing different pitched noises, but they can not hear them in an every day setting.

It like a ticking clock, you could quite happily sit in a room reading with a loud ticking clock and would not notice it but as soon as someone made you aware of the clock you would hear it

So you just need to 'retrain' your brain to filter out the un wanted 'noise' when you are relaxing, it's not as hard as it sounds and it does work ( I promise)

Take care

Re: What is your ear ringing like?

yea, try to relax. i have the same problem with the ringing in my ears. and i can feel my blood pulsing in the sides of my head. it isnt fun really, all i can tell you to try is to relax. right now i can feel my veins beating in my head, ew lol, but i try to ignore it. it is hard but really, just try. and if you get it during the day, try a hobby. or something that requires FULL attention. i know for me, its math. i cant think about ANYTHING else at all while trying to do a math equation. ^^ i hope i helped, i try.

Thread Information