Thread: my worst nightmare came true

my worst nightmare came true

Hi all,

I have had the worst 24 hours ever. I have caught a bug and been sick for manyhours. My brain went mad, I had no control,I am mentally and physically exhausted.
    I am absolutely terrified, I am scared and feeling suicidal.
    I wont go itno details becuase of the fellow sufferers on here.

I wont eat to bring my energy levels back and I dont want to eat. I never want this to happen to me ever again. I dont want to leave the house and I am frightend to go back to work in case it comes back or hasnt gone.

I want to die

Re: my worst nightmare came true

Hi Choccy

I too suffer from emmetephobia, I'm so sorry you are feeling so ill. If you can you really should eat something if you haven't been sick for a few hours. At the very least you need to tale in fluids. I know how scared you are, but just try something light like a piece of toast. I had that awful winter vomiting thing two years ago and I cut a banana up into small bits and ate a bit every now and then. It was easy to swallow and digest. Then after a few hours I had toast.

Your body generally tells you when you are hungry, but if you're anxious too you may not feel hungry. You will feel better soon, take little bits of food and drink and you will build up your strength. When you aren't sick, which you prob won't be, it will give you the confidence to do more. When you feel better physically, you will want to go out again.

Take care

hope you are feeling better soon
    lots of love Heather

thanks for the replies.

I am very drained and scared. I am scared to go to sleep at the moment.

Stomach is going mad and I am still getting things from the other end. Not nice

I have spent the day up in my bed hiding from the world and wishing I could send everything away.

Your very brave i was nearlly sick yesturday, i'mm sure you'll be fine and yes when i had it i had some toast otherwise you'll be weak and feel sick even more of hunger pains GO EAT SOMETHING!

hope you are feeling better today. I wish I wouldn't eat so much!

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    Ghandi

Thanks for your messages.

I tried to go back to work but I have been ill again again attempting a bowl of cereal.

I am off to be tested for salmonella and make sure I am not dehydrated. I am a strange yellow colour so I think I have jaundice.

Now I am panicing about work and how I am letting them down.. god I feel like death

hi, I hope your feeling a little better, sickness bugs are incredibly draining and exausting at the best of times with out a phobia/panic so you must be going through torment with yourself.
    All I can say is bugs can quite often last 48 hrs or more and if you eat it basically feeds the bug and even though you felt you could eat the bugs still been there and its revived, I always stay away from food completly for at least 24 hrs and only drink boiled cooled water, the bug starves and dies then , you may be hungry and week feeling but keep your water intake up and regular then you wont starve and the water will keep you hydrated, Im always yellowey and pastey looking when Im sick, think skined looking too, and if you dont want to leave the house , dont , you need to put your feet up and hide yourself under your duvet while your recovering, theres no shame in that you shouldnt have to feel that you need to get back out and working ...take time out, get better first even if it takes a few days.
    Im having to do this myself as we speak after trying to soon too get back out there after a virus, all cause I felt thats what I should do... now Ive had to admit that its made me iller and Im just going to have to rest it out for a day or too and relax .........

anyway .... get well soon

"Oh!" said Chicken Licken, "the sky is falling! I must go and tell the king."

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

I hope you are feeling a little better now Choccy. If you are still being ill from eating, then that is a signal you should not be eating. Your body will tell you when you are ready to eat. In the meantime, drink flat 7-Up, as this contains minerals to rehydrate you, gives you a bit of energy, and gives you the salts you need.

Don't panic about work - you are ill, end of story. Wrap yourself up, put on some lousy daytime TV to distract you.

You WILL get through this, and you WILL feel well again. Remember that being physically unwell makes everyone feel mentally horrible too, so remind yourself how you're feeling is absolutely normal. Take it all one hour at a time. And remember that whether it is a bug or food poisoning, you can feel drained and weak for a few days afterwards, so go easy on yourself and reassure yourself it is normal to feel that way.

xx

Thread Information