Thread: A Strange Side-Effect

A Strange Side-Effect

Hi

A few years back i started 10mg of Citalopram.

A few hours after taking it i was on a high!! laughing/big smile on my face thought i'd struck gold lol UNTIL...... 4days after i started to get what i can only describe as an electric shock feeling run slowly through me

I was so scared i called the ambulance they came out and done some tests and said i was fine but i went to the hospital anyway as these *shocks* kept coming and going

Doc said i had a *panic attack* the ambulance man laughed and said *no way* (i knew i hadn't to as had been havin panic attacks for years!!) because when the ambulance arrived i was gigglin (still high)

Anyway she looked side effets up in a book and came across a bit that said *unusual body sensations* to this she decided this was what i experienced

Thing is I want to try them again.... back then the side effect was scary BUT im ready for another go and to see this through....

Has any1 had this side-effect before? did u see through it?

I read some where on here that some1 had a feeling of hot/cold sensations running through them so thinking maybe this is the same

Like every1 else iv anxiety in medication but iv chronic pain/anxiety and dealing with alot of stress so i need to try these.

Im worried cause it says the anxiety/thoughts/depression may get worse before better dont like the thought of that do you know why?

Thanks for listening....

Lisa

Re: A Strange Side-Effect

Hi Lisa, ive been on 10mg and had quite a few side affects at first but after a week or so i didnt have any. I to went hot and cold especially in the middle of the night i would wake up sweating then be cold. Good luck!

hi quick run down ive got epilepsy and bih.cittalopram prescribed and its the most wonderful drug ever.but yeah the first week was horrendous and i was ready to give up i was in bed shaky migraine visual problems worsened but i kept on and wow im now on 30mg and after 4 years of hell i feel wonderful.smiling laughing and alot less emotional.epilepsy and bih symptoms improved massively.so keep with it a few weeks of side effects(and wierd stuff going on)is well worth the results at the end!
    fran
    by the way im new!been on citalopram for 18 month.hello everyone.im looking into is joint pain?but it could be other meds,combinations,etc.i still wouldnt come off it like but anyone else get joint pain?

i get strange shivers down my spine, like someone has walked over my grave, and i can only presume its either the muscle tension or relaxation of anxiety.

for me it often happens after coming out of a stressful situation, eg shopping, and when im sitting back in the safe zone of the car.

im on citalopram

hope that helps a little

milly xxx

lol ur a funny bunny uv cheered me up with ur post lol HIYA

Thread Information