Thread: Mouth ulcer and one-sided jaw ache...i'm very scared

Mouth ulcer and one-sided jaw ache...i'm very scared

Hi, I have something that i can only describe as a mouth ulcer at the back where my tooth number 7 used to be, it looked a bit raised and like it had a little cut in the middle, it started to heal though but now it has a cut again, though it's not raised anymore. However, after this started the jaw joint at that side started to feel a bit sore, well not quite sore from the start, it was more that i was aware of opening and closing my mouth at that side, i can't explain, like i didn't feel like opening my mouth. And now whenever i move my jaws, it aches right up where they meet, at the joint. I am trying not to worry myself and i would really like to have an explanation like holding tension because i really freaked out when i first saw the ulcer thing...But i still worry. I keep fearing it could be something really bad and i am scared. It's particularly scaring me cause it's one sided, wouldn't it be both sided if i was holding tension? Anyone felt this? Thank you.

Re: Mouth ulcer and one-sided jaw ache...i'm very scared

Its probably coincidence that you have an ulcer and now have jaw pain. Jaw pain tends to only affect one side - I have tmj dysfunction that is worse on my left side and can cause pain in my throat/back of tongue when I swallow and earache but nothing wrong with thraot or ears! If it hurts to open you jaw on one side then you have a sore jaw joint!

If your mouth ulcer lasts for more than a couple of weeks then get a Dr or dentist to check it out to be sure but very unlikley they are connected.

Thanks Countrygirl
    i was just thinking that the tension in the jaw joint is due to me focusing a lot of attention there in the past couple of days. Yes, it aches when i try to open my mouth, and the ache is at the top, in front of my ear. If i keep my mouth closed i can feel almost nothing, but if i try to move my jaw it hurts.

Mila ...sorry but do you have ur period at the moment or are about to come on? I get swollen gums ec before andduring my period. plus ave tmd (tmj dysfunction too) its caused by tension too.

I am actually due any time now. I find it even more difficult to relax my jaw now that i have this ache, see when i have a problem i focus all my attention there and that brings the tension.

That is why ur gums are feeling tender/swollen. Its normal don;t worry.

Occasionally, some women experience menstruation gingivitis. Women with this condition may experience bleeding gums, bright red and swollen gums and sores on the inside of the cheek. Menstruation gingivitis typically occurs right before a woman's period and clears up once her period has started.

try and use a good mouth wash 2 times a day. I did that and it took the soreness away after 2 days. Try not to play with it or it will get worse and annoy u more

Thread Information