Thread: Something Really Good Happened Today

Something Really Good Happened Today

Something happened today that has not happened in a long long time.

A friend called me early this morning - actually I was just waking up and still lounging in bed. He wanted to meet at a local coffee house and have breakfast before he went home to sleep (he works nights).

I freshened up a bit, dressed and went down to the coffee house. An hour and a half later, I was on my way home.

Now, I have been able to navigate through a visit to the coffee house before. But here are the differences:

1) I didn't even THINK about possibly having anxiety or a panic attack as I was getting ready or while I was driving to my destination.

2) I had almost no anxiety while there - and it was not with me the entire time, just a couple of short spurts that lasted no more than a few minutes each.

3) I did not feel as if I had to fight to maintain control of myself - instead I actually relaxed a bit and enjoyed the visit.

All in all, this was probably the most normal I have felt in longer than I care to think about.

I know I am not out of the woods yet, but this morning was soooo encouraging. Even this afternoon, I still feel pretty good.

To make the day even better, the sun is out - it has been dreary the last few days, what with tropical storms marching across my state. But I think even if it was raining cats and dogs, I would still fee pretty sunny today.

Re: Something Really Good Happened Today

hey welldone u, must have been a good friend and good morning, quite often or not when things are going well and we feeling happy and positive the bad thoughts and panics stay away. hugs and be proud hun xxx

Hi

A Big WELL DONE from me too hun!!

You certainly proved to yourself that success can be achieved! Hope you have many more really good days like you have had today !

Proud of ya hun

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Thank you, Donna and Andrea.

That is what is so nice about this forum - it is such a good place to come when you are feeling down about your ills and need encouragment. And it is equally wonderful to come here and share something good that is happening in your life . People here understand just how meaningful little things like today's events are to those of us who live with anxiety and panic.

You guys are the best!

Andrea
    xxxx

Thats Great, Keep Up The Good Work You Sound Very Positive Which Is The Main Key To All Of This, Wish Ya Well, Linda

Thread Information