I've been on Paxil since the begining of June. I started on 20mg in the morning and I was really tired during the day and could sleep through the night, but it wasn't very restful.

The beg. of July my gp uped the dose to 30mg and suggested to switch to taking it at night. I did and also began to take a vitB\C pill as recommended by a friend. I couldn't sleep much at night and was awakened 5-6 times a night. After 2 weeks I stoped the vitB\C and I was back to sleeping through the night and it was somewhat restful.

I went back to my gp beg. of August and he didn't change the dose. A week ago I started taking OTC allergy pills (ragweed) and since I just can't sleep at night eventhough I'm surprisingly not tired during the day. I'm up 2-3 times at night and have a hard time getting to sleep.

I really don't want to stop the allergy pills as I don't really want to suffer with a stuffy nose and a headache that is brought on by full sinuses and won't go away. On the other hand I want to be ablt to go to sleep and stay there. I could take Ativan since I have that and it does make me sleep through the night buy I really don't want to take it all the time...especially since I will be the only one home at night if the kids wake up since HB is doing long haul during the week (he's home on weekends).

Anyone have any suggestions?