Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am so glad I found this forum

Hi Sean and welcome

The wonderful thing about anxiety is that it gives you 1001 symptoms and all of them deadly.
    Looking on the internet is the worst thing that you can do. It will only frighten you more.
    If you had MS or anything similar your blood work would have shown it. So I don't think there is anything to worry about there.

Vision problems are quite common. All related to over breathing and stress. As Meg says get your eyes checked just to be on the safe side.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Hi Sean

Eventhough it's really hard to do, stay off health related internet sites!! (except for this one of course!) I'd have a symptom, look it up and lo and behold by day's end, I'd have many of the others associated with that self-diagnosis.

Hope your doctor was able to reassure you.

All the best,
    Sue

PS Just curious, do you have a Canadian connection by any chance? I'm a neighbor to the north and we often refer to ourselves as Canuks.

I feel so much better today than I have in weeks. I went home from work last night and was able to see the TV and have a full night without thinking my life was coming to an end. The whole night I was so giddy that I had to just start singing and shouting (which really puzzled my fiance and the dogs) Thanks to everyone who responded to me. My vision seems to be clearing up already. That was really what was scaring me the most because I did not know that it was such a common sign of stress. None of those Internet symptom sites ever told me that . I think that each symptom I had fed my anxiety until I had plenty of scary symptoms. Thank you all so much. I plan to stick around this forum to help out when I can and just in case I fall in the anxiety hole again. Oh and mom22 yes I do have a Canadian connection. I was born in Calgary. We moved stateside when I was 3. When I was in highschool my nickname became canuck. I began using it as my screenname on the internet, except I didnt know the proper spelling. It just kind of stuck in the wrong spelling form and I have used it ever since. Thanks so much again everyone

Hi Sean

Pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better today. It would be great for you to stick around so we can help you and you can help others.

There is always someone around that can offer you some support.

Well done you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Sean

Firstly a big warm welcome to the forum
    I'm glad that you are feeling better, coming on this site and seeing people with the same symptoms really helps, it certainly helped me.
    You are probably anxious due to the wedding coming upi aas it can be a very stressful time. When the big day arrives you will have the time of your life I know!
    If you go to the home page you will find a symptoms page which helped me enormously when my anxiety was acute.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Sean

I'm glad your blurriness has cleared up. Anxiety does give you so many symptoms and the more you worry, the worse you get.

I'm sure you wedding has a lot to do with the increase in your feelings. I got married a month ago and had lots of stuff going on with me before it. But the day and honeymoon were fantastic. Hang on it there, it will all be ok, even if you don't believe it right now. Take it from someone who's been there. I was remarkably calm on the big day, which I found very surprising.

Jules

I totally know how you feel after worrying about your vision and symptoms. I was so relieved to see other people who have been through the same ordeals I have recently experienced. My vision has been blurred for the past month or so, and when I recently visited the optician, he said that nothing appeared to be medically wrong with my eyes, but that I did need glasses because my eyes were working far too hard at close range and that I was long-sighted, or something along those lines. Im not sure if this is due to anxiety or not, but considering that my sight problems started on the same day i began to develop patchy areas of numbness on my body, I would certainly imagine so. Also I have suffered with anxiety and depression in the past, though I committed the cardinal sin of checking out my symptoms online. Naturally this made me a million times worse and brought on the chills, the worrying about brain tumours and MS etc. I also stopped taking any anti depressant medication last year due to the sexual side effects, and while I was okay for a while, im considering going back on medication when I visit the doctor tomorrow. If this does turn out to be nothing but anxiety and me just getting worked up when I shouldn't be, then it has certainly taught me never to take my health for granted.

Sorry about the long post, just had quite a bit to get off my chest I guess It's nice to know I don't suffer alone.

Dean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information