Thread: Haemophobia (blood phobia)

Haemophobia (blood phobia)

I was just wondering if anyone else has it... I thought since most people don't particularly like the sight of blood, there'd be more people that suffered from it but I've hardly heard of any!

Re: Haemophobia (blood phobia)

i don't have it but i have wondered if females get this phobia. I've only ever seen it on males. I dated a guy who had it, he would be sick at the sight of blood,

Well I'm a female and I sure have it xD

Though I've only ever panicked once at the sight of blood, and that was eight years ago. Otherwise it's just been people speaking about blood, or reading about it. Hmm..

You are definitely not alone!!!!
    I have an irrational fear of blood. I get really uncomfortable and nauseated and anxious whenever I just read about blood or hear someone talk about it, too. Not just from images. I felt so alone, like no one else had the same fear. I thought I was crazy...but no, i have haemophobia. And I'm female, by the way.

Your not alone. I have it too! Im awful with blood

Hello, i am not sure if this counts but i have a terrible fear of my OWN blood and have done since the age of 6! I was always alright with anyone else's blood except my own. This has run my entire life although over the past few years it has improved on small things like little paper cuts etc. Then it started to generalize when i developed anxiety and panic 5 years ago. Until then i considered i was 'normal' unless i cut myself! The generalization then began and blood bothered me on anyone, not just myself, even affecting my job as i am a healthcare profession! If my kids hurt themselves, a little or a lot, then i felt terrible, as if it was happening to me and not them. Coupled alongside this it oviously spills over to my own health, terrible fear of dentists and cannot go and also a MASSIVE fear of nosebleeds! Luckily i have only had a few in my life but the fear of it happening rules my life every single day. Too scared to blow my nose always. More fear when i have a cold etc. I always have bunged up nostrils and i put that down to never blowing my nose and my hayfever, which is now not as severe as it used to be when i was younger. Would never cry if i could help it either, just in case!
    Well, i have done well these past two weeks as i have had a bad cold and cough and have managed to blow my nose through this and have been ok, but still terrified, and all was going well and i believe i was getting better with my cold. Then yesterday i got upset and was wiping and blowing my nose, still ok, just trying to stop crying so i could eat my tea and as i wiped my nose - it was bleeding. THAT WAS IT!!!!!! Full blown panic, all the typical symptoms that was all get i believe but it is so awful and severe and with me it doesn't stop. As then it affects my life even more for ages. Scared to move, go to sleep, daren't touch my nose, i had to go to work today, that was hell! I want to sob my heart out, going through a rough time at the moment, but i am too scared to. My nose is running, on and off, and i can't do anything about it cus i'm too terrified. I can't eat properly, can't move my face much in case something happens again. I have managed to eat a little bit today, very gingerly though. I am just existing at present, until my confidence builds up again to trust my nose! I know this sounds ridiculous, stupid, pathetic, and believe me i FEEL it, but i just can't help it and can't see a way out. Does anyone else go through anything like this?

I suffer from haemophobia - the sight or even the thought of it gives me a panic attack and sometimes it escalates so far that I will faint. It also extends to a fear of needles and I hate visiting hospitals in case I catch a glimpse of blood. You can imagine my predicament when the docs suggested that my wife might have to have a section when having our daughter - either hope that I could get through it without passing out or abandon her in the theatre.

I wonder how females cope with this phobia? must be pretty stressful.

Thread Information