Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Harm

Self Harm

Hi, I'm new I joined because I self harm and I'm gettting really worried about it. At the moment my legs are covered in bruises and I have three scabs on my arm from saturday. My mum is a victim of domestic violence and im in my teens. Almost everyone in my house is depressed and I have no one to talk to. I tried telling my older sister I self harm- she took it that i wanted attention and that I was sick and weird! I can't get over my depression its so hard. Recently my mum ran out of the house leaving me with my dad. My dad ( who I hate) decided to leave me to- this is why I harmed on saturday. I was scared my mum would kill herself. Thank god she didnt! Help me please!:(:(

[No] replys! :([Sigh...]

hello Nikki,

Welcome to the forum!!

It sounds like you are going through a tough time at home and if your parents are having problems, it is no wonder that you are suffering the consequences. Do you get any help for your depression?

Sarah

Hi Nikki

Welcome to the forum. You are having a really hard time at the moment and it seems noone in your family can see how hard you are struggling as they are too involved in their own problems.

It must be so hard seeing your mum suffer at the hands of you dad. I guess you self harming is a way to relieve the pressure you feel under, but that isnt fair on you. Is their anyone else in your family that you could talk to.

We will help you all we can. How old are you?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

hi Nikki,

sorry you are going through a rough time of it..
    There is lots of help available to you on this site from people who are suffering just like you. you are not on your own.
    Like Sarah said, what help are you getting? is your GP aware of this?

Lisa
    xxx

Nikki,

As you might already have read, self harm is one way that people act out pain, physical pain is easier to deal with than emotional pain..

You do need to get some help for yourself soon and hopefully for your Mum too.

Your GP may be of some help to start with and there is specific help that you can access through school if you're still at one.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Nikki,

My name is Lisa, I'm 26 years old, and I also grew up in an abusive home where everyone was so preoccupied with their problems to notice me. I fully understand how hard it is to watch your father treat your Mom so terribly, and all the emotions of concern fear etc that come along with it. I'm having problems writing this because I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll just leave it as....I've been there hun, I've gotten through it to live a productive/happy life, and if you'd like to talk about this, please don't hesistate to PM me. I'd be glad to help. I know that the most important thing right now is for you to get some stuff off your chest...I'm here for you!

Lisa

Hi Nikki

Welcome to the forum. Sorry that things at home are so very difficult for you at the moment.

I too have had a problem with self harm and contrary to what your sister said, I know it is not an attempt to get attention. Self harm is a way of dealing with painful and overwhelming emotional feelings, as physical pain is easier to cope with.

Seeing your doctor could be the first step to getting some help with this. It is possible to stop self harming with the right help and support. Last summer I was self harming on a daily basis but now only do this occasionally when I get really emotionally overwhelmed.

We are here to offer what help and support we can.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Nikki like Lisa, I know how you feel. I grew up in an alcoholic home, with an alcoholic father ( who has now been in recovery for 25 years ) and a brother ( who died 5 years ago. ) My brother and sisters are all alot older than me, and I grew up feeling like I didnt exist and people were to wrapped up in themselves. It has taken me this long, to start dealing with all that.

Keep talking to us Nikki, we are all here for each other. You do not deserve to harm yourself, you are worth more.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Hi Nikki

Welcome aboard. Have you had chance to read the "Self Harm" page on the website atall?

Good to have you on board.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information