Thread: Starting Meds For First Time!!!

Starting Meds For First Time!!!

Hi all

I go to see my Doctor on wednesday to get medication for my panic/Anxiety attacks and Agoraphobia. Im 24 and sufferered for like 3 or 4 years. I have always said i would never go on Medication has im scared to do so.

But now it has got to the point where i have had enough of missing out on so much. My girlfriend is pregnant so i would need to go for scans ect(at the moment in time i could not becuae i will panic).

Im worried of side effects which i know do go away and also coming off them the Medication.

I just thought i would ask for peoples thoughts on if its a good or bad thing?

Thanks for reading

Re: Starting Meds For First Time!!!

hey i was like you resisted taking meds for ages for depression anxiey panic attacks ,last december i followed my docs advice and went on the meds .had some side effects but they only lasted for a week or so.i still worry alot but am no where near as low as i was before ,since taking the meds the panic attacks have so far touch wood been greatly reduced.everyone will react differently to medication but i have found it helpful.if you are worried maybe talk to your doctor?good luck to you wishing you all the best

i always said i would never go on meds! i hae had anxiety for ten years, but when i got depressed i went on meds and i was happy i did as they helped.

if its working and right for you then its a good thing, i never thought i would go on meds, but have now been on them for 3 weeks and like others the attacks have greatly reduced. If it helps its worth it, i hope you feel better to enjoy your girlfriends pregnancy by attending anything she needs you for without the panic. Good luck.

Shone x

i didnt want to take my meds , had them for about a month b4 i would take them,thought they would harm me etc,then felt like ending it all, and realised i wanted to get better and i needed help , so took them that was in 2002, and im still here n taking them, and so glad i started taking them, im still on them by choice, as going through a very hard time for the last 2 years not realated to p attacks,although my attacks have came back .but no where near as bad as i have had them b4.

Thread Information