Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking 5-htp for a couple of days -

Taking 5-htp for a couple of days -

Hello all. For those of you who don't know (I am going to guess all of you...) I have been having panic attacks and have numbness on the left side of my face and my right arm and leg. I read alot about 5-htp and decided to try it. Oh boy. I have only been taking it for less than two days and I can already tell a difference. I am sleeping better, which is nice. I am not as freaked out about my numbness - feeling a lot more mellow. It claims to help with weight-loss, which would be great - but I have not been on it long enough to know. Has anyone else ever taken this with wonderful results?

Re: Taking 5-htp for a couple of days -

S-adenosylmethionine , i took that before didnt notice much, but i do have 5-htp ! i havent taken it yet, as i was on antibiotics, but i hae heard good stuff about it, i even heard people complain it made them sleepy! but be careful if you are bi-polar, as any bad reviews i read came from people with bi-polar and more sever types of mental illness.
    so happyy its working for you! i'm all excited now about taking my 5-htp tablets soon!

I've been taking 5-htp for about two weeks. It's certainly cured my depression (caused by the anxiety) and my lack of libido and I'm sleeping a bit too well! - I'm finding it really hard to get up before 9 o'clock (I always used to get up about 7).

I'm not sure if it's had too much of an effect on my anxiety though. Certainly some effect but I'm not cured yet.

The only side effect is that it makes me drowsy. I was originally on one 50mg tablet per day, I now take 1/3rd tablet a day which is better. That may be because I'm already on presciption tranqs though.

Where can i get 5-htp and what is it exactly?

I got mine from http://www.biovea.net/

Tryptophan is a natural protien. This gets turned into 5-HTP, which gets turned into Serotonin (the happy chemical) which in turn turns into Melanin (which makes you sleep).

Note that you can't take it if you are taking certain antidepressants and possibly other medications.

As with any 'drug' I recommend you thoroughly research it on google before deciding whether it is safe enough and reliable enough for yout to take it.

As for my experiment I'm still finding it very difficult to get up in the morning and over the past week I've been feeling slighty dizzy and nauseous which may or may not be down to the 5-HTP, and as I said before may be linked to me being on prescription tranqs.

But I am feeling happier and more confident, before the dizziness set in I was gradually driving further and further from home and experiencing little anxiety.

Sounds worth a try - what's the daily dosage ?

Decca

I have taken them & its worked wonders for me. They have cured my anxiety, alleviate problems associated with my periods such as mild depression etc.. & they also help me sleep.

I would recommend 5-htp to anyone i think the drug is amazing & i wouldn't be without it now!!

Daily dosage is 200-300mg..i take 200mg!!

They can be purchased from Holland & Barrett & natures best online!!

I found this info about it -

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herb...sad/a/5HTP.htm

Sounds good to me.Why isn't it available on prescription ?

Decca

Hi,
    I took this for 2 months and it helped with my anxiety, then I ran out and stopped taking it for awhile. I started taking it a few days ago and I can see a difference already I am less anxious. I take 100mg before I go to bed.
    They never make me feel tired during the day, although I know they have this effect on some people.
    www.healthspan.co.uk This is were I get mine, its only about £7 at the moment for 60 tabs so it lasts me 2 months. Its called Happy Days.

Anna xx

Hi Anna,

Just wondered whether it is really noticable when you take these? I thought i would try some, but just a bit sceptical. Also, did you get any side effects?

Thanks,

Louise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information