Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBT

hi Sarah,

I had my first CBT appt today too!
    I had a nice lady a bit mum-like, grey hair, 50 ish.. like a fairy godmother! she also went right into my childhood and made me realise so much i never thought of before about my beliefs in things and why i would be anxious about certain things.. a real eye opener.. but like i told Sal, it has made me feel quite empty and like i dont know myself as well as i thought and like i have to reinvent myself or something!
    can't wait til my next one! we will have to compare notes!
    good luck,
    Lisa
    xxx

hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your support!! I'm feeling better today though I have had palpitations on and off and I very rarely get them.

Kairen - we will have to meet up sometime soon hun!!

Lisa - Yes, we will have to compare notes!! I know what you mean about not knowing yourself well enough. I felt the same.

Hi Sarah,

Glad you got there in the end hun!

It's amazing how much stuff we keep inside as Meg said! I wondered why they had the tissues there to! When i used to go! I was blubbing away like a good un as well!

I hope you don't have to wait to long for your appointment and I do hope it benefits you hun!

I'm glad your feeling better today.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Thanks for that Pips!!

Well, am feeling up and down today. Still have the palpitations, which I have hardly ever had in the past. Can't help but feel that I'm going backwards here!! Getting new anxiety symptoms isn't a good sign, is it?? I'm dreading going to bed tonight as that seems to be when it all kicks off..:(

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

I hope you're feeling better today and that your research interviews went well.

The symptoms that you are feeling are related to the CBT session but it doesn't mean you are going backwards - it actually means you are getting better! I know that might seem a little strange but having been through counselling and some CBT, I'm always told by my counsellor that when you first go through counselling, things can go up and down. It doesn't mean you're getting worse....talking can trigger off emotions that you weren't expecting. Just keep in there - it's such a shame that you have to wait so long but you seem such a strong person

Anxiety can be linked to childhood experiences too - a good book to read is You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay as she talks about how childhood can effect how we see and experience the world when we are adults. I've only just started reading it and amazed at how it makes so much sense.

I hope this helps and I also hope it all makes sense!

Tasha

Sarah,

Think its shows you're moving energy and moving on inside so not a bad thing ..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Tasha - thanks for your support. I will definitely look into that book!!

Meg - I hope you're right.

hi Sarah,

I have also had a bad day following my CBT yesterday. has really knocked me as I got home and felt good, had a listen to my relaxation tape - felt so relaxed. then had a lovely bath with classical music and just felt so so good. then just hardly slept, having panics and anxiety just like before and today i was on edge all day with negative thinking back again.. I hope its just the CBT bringing up issues and not this returning again.
    I'm with you with this.
    lisa
    xxx

Thanks Lisa - your post made me smile.

Hi Sarah,
    Sorry I haven't replied to this before I've only just spotted it!
    When I had my assessment my counsellor decided I had health anxiety and its only since I've been going to see him that he delved into my childhood and made connections to then and now. Things I had never put together, he did. Very strange!
    I am still not letting the emotions out though. I think I need some serious help now. We were talking, at my last session, about him discharging me, but right now I have gone back to really bad anxious state and what would I do if I get discharged and have to wait for the whole process to start again? Maybe I'm feeling so bad, because I did have quite a deep talk with him on Monday after visiting my baby's grave and everyone elses and maybe thats why I feel so bad now?
    Anyway, I'll stop rambling, I was intending to post about this so I'd better shut up before I repeat myself - again!lol
    You take care and if you want to PM me please feel free.
    Love, Linda.xxx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information