Thread: Ok, Question #997...

Ok, Question #997...

I'm sorry if this seems to be a repeat of everyone else's question, I was prescribed 20 mg of Citalopram and after reading the warnings and possible side effects, I am sooo afraid to try it...

I've been reading and it's mostly 50/50 on if it will help people or make things worse.

I do have a very understanding doctor though whose given me Xanax to ride out some of these panic attacks, because of the severity of them. I've been to the ER back to back nights and admitted.

I don't wanna live my life medicated forever, or to possibly overdose. She said I could take the Xanax if I have an attack, they're .5 tablets, but the thought of being on that plus the Citalopram scares me. Not to mention, If my wisdom tooth acts up again and I need Tylenol. x.x

Maybe I'm just being a wuss, and this Fear really started after someone telling me they were put on Anti-depressants and went into seizures..so now, I'm severly paranoid. I mean, it says not to discontinue use if I don't like them...I'm afraid the side effects are going to be terrible..does that mean she'd have to lower the dose safely until I could stop?

Not sure what I'm looking for, but probably something or someone to help ease my mind so I won't worry about taking these. x.x

Thanks for any help or info.

Re: Ok, Question #997...

I just believe that u have to do whatever u feel cmfortable with. I have been put on 10mg by the docs. but have not taken them yet as I am scared. So using alternative medicine

Re: Ok, Question #997...

I hear ya, I'd like some kind of alternative medication that possibly won't mess with people's minds so much. Basically, I'm thinking I can get over these, somehow on my own. Like cut out stress in my life if possible or whatnot.

I just found out tonight my oldest probably has Whooping Cough so I'm not doing so good. You do good all day and then wham.

Thread Information