Thread: New to Forum / Health Anxiety

New to Forum / Health Anxiety

Hi I am new on this website, been suffering with Health Anxiety for around 8 weeks now, been through all the usual, brain tumors, heart attacks, the crying, the feeling scared constantly, spending a lot of time visiting my gp who im sure is pretty sick of me by now. Havnt had any medication for the anxiety DO NOT want to go down that route want to beat this on my own, but am having CBT and acupuncture and have very good family and boyfriend who have helped me a great deal.

My current problems seem to be concerning my stomach, i have a stomach ulcer, which obvioulsy flared up when i felt like i couldnt eat around 3 weeks ago, since then i have a feeling of a lump in the throat sometimes its there sometimes its not and also a feeling that i can feel everything going down into my stomach, and then reach my stomach, its not just food its when i swallow normally as well, my doctors have said its just acid reflux but it still bothers me, the other thing that bothers me also at the moment is the pain i keep getting in my bag from around the same time as the flair up of the stomach ulcer i have been getting a lot of pain around my shoulder blades especially the left one sometimes i really hurts, i automatically decided i had esphogus cancer, and rushed to the doctors, who assured me i didnt, but it doesnt always make it feel better.

Anyway sorry for rambling on, its just nice to be able to share stuff with people who are going through the same thing, anybody who would like to reply would be much appreciated.

Santorini

Re: New to Forum / Health Anxiety

welcome santorini!

hope you enjoy the site!!

Love the name, went to Santorini in May!! Beautiful place

Karen x

Hi Santorini, welcome to the site. I am a newbie too ( less than 5 days ) and i have posted 2 messages and am so happy that i found this website. I too have been diagnosed with Acid Reflux and i am not convinced at all, my throat feels like its blocked up and i cant swallow which i'm sure, just like you is anxiety related but i CANT believe what the doctors say. Feel free to message me anytime and i hope you find lots of useful information.

xx

A lot of us suffer from Acid Reflux and all the stuff you have described goes hand in hand with it - plus you have an ulcer, which causes referred shoulder pain and acid reflux. The sensation of a lump in the throat is a very common one - and again, is caused by both anxiety and Acid Reflux...

Honestly, it's nothing too serious at all - Acid Reflux is horrid, so is an ulcer and all your descriptions match them both perfectly. Nothing more sinister than that. you're not alone!!
    xx

Hi Santorini,

Welcome to the site. You will find loads of support here from people who really understand.

I think you will find CBT helpful too. Don't worry about lump in the throat feeling, it is all part of anxiety - not very pleasant - but it will pass. It is difficult for us HA sufferers to accept reassurance from the doctor, but you will find so many people on this site who suffer from the same anxiety symptoms, and that in itself can be reassuring.

A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx

Thread Information