Thread: dr claire weeks

dr claire weeks

hi guys

Not sure if ive spelt her surname correctly!!

I read "self help for your nerves" 3 weeks ago after reading something on here about it (i cant find it now ahhhh) I honeslty have to say that i found the book fantastic- and have not had a full blown panic attack since- i have felt panic rising and anxiety coming but i have used her techniques to stop it.

I also have had CBT so that might be helping how i interpret the book but my question is - has anyone else read any other books that has had the same affect?"

Reason i am asking is i liked the CBT but do not feel i would benefit from this now, i like reading though and this helps me

thanks a lot

xx

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
    - Lao Tse

Re: dr claire weeks

Hiya,

I think Dr weekes's books are the best ones, nothing else has had an effect on my anxiety like her ones. There are more by her though, read essential help for your nerves, that's really good too. Feel the fear and do it anyway by Susan jeffreys is also good for building your confidence, but not as effective as Claire weekes's ones.

I have read loads and loads of psychiatric books, self help books, depression anxiety you name it.

Claire Weekes is like the grandmaster, she knows what she is talking about, they are simple to read, its like someone sitting you down and talking sense into you, she explains everything in a clear simple detail, have to admit nothing else touchs her, I would advise anyone to read her stuff.

I think you can get these from the library as well as buying them.

lots of love

Heather

Have a look in the No More Panic online shop for some free Claire Weekes MP3 downloads as well.

If you want the next book Essential Help for your nerves then I can order some and maybe save you postage. I do sell it but out of stock at the moment.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I actually purchased Claires Weekes's book "Self -help for your nerves" this morning as i am encouraged by your remarks..

Thank you.

Thread Information