Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Efexor ?

i think you should see your doctor to get a weaning off plan as I dont think this is the correct way to do it

I think you need to drop the dosage before you do the every other day thing, otherwise your body is getting confused as every third day you are having a big dose leaving you in a permanent state of side effects

When I withdrew from Cipralex I dropped the dose bit by bit to a very low dose and then did every other day.

Emily

Thanks Emily,

I know youre probably right, but the doctor said there werent any lower dosages but surely there must be.. I will call tommorrow and tell them how I have been feeling. I start to feel better after not taking a tablet but today I took one and felt weird for a little while.

sadie

I got this from the Effexor website

EFFEXOR XR can be prescribed in different dosage strengths (37.5 mg, 75 mg, and 150 mg). The usual starting dose is 75 mg, but only your doctor can tell you which dose is right for you and whether it will need to be adjusted over time.

The capsule can also be carefully opened and its contents sprinkled onto a spoonful of applesauce. This should be swallowed immediately and followed by drinking a glass of water. Do not chew this mixture before swallowing.

Emily

Hi Emily

So do you think I should just open each capsule and sprinkle some onto some food (does it have to be applesauce?). What website did you find this information?

sadie

I'd advise you to go and see a better doctor!

You can get lower strength capsules - and I dont know about the magic applesauce!

I looked on www.wyeth.com who make the product

Emily

Thanks Emily,

Thanks for the advice..youre probably right I best go see the doctor and ask for lower dosage of pills. I never even thought about trying to find out if there were lower dosages of Exeffor..just goes to show 2 heads are definetly better than 1.

Will let you know how I get on.

Take care

sadie

Hi all

As you may know, I am trying to stop taking my Exeffor tablets by reducing my dosage..although this doesnt seem to be working too well. I have tried to get an appointment with my GP but they all seem too far away. Anyway, I havent had a tablet since Tuesday, I was supposed to take one today but forgot. Should I take it now or is it too late at night?

Also I have tried to find out what the discontinuation symptoms are for this pill but cant find any information. My head feels weird, as though I am not quite all there (that may actually be true..!!). I feel my body jerks, I noticed this especially in my sleep, my mouth is dry and still tingling.

Should I just not take any more tablets or is this dangerous? Are the symptoms I am expereincing dangerous??

I feel really confused about my medication. I know I keep harping on about this but I dont really know what is for the best. This confusion is making me feel more anxious.

Can anyone help??

sadie

Sadie

I would take it now - better late than never as they say!

Nicola

hi sadie,

firstly,its not dangerous at all.

wot does it say on the bottle? ie,one to be taken in morning etc...if so,i would be inclined to forget about tonite,and see how you feel,in the morning.

have a glass of water at your bedside,so if you wake up,with a dry throat,you can take a sip.

if your still worried...phone NHS DIRECT..or in some places its called NHS24..they are registered nurses,and quite often have a doctor on duty..they will advise you,as its far easier explaining one 2 one on the phone,than on here..best wishes..bryan.

Hi Bryan

My tablets say 'one to be taken daily'. I think I will just take them tommorrow as its a bit late now!! Sorry for keep going on and on about my medication but I never have been particularly good at taking pills!!

Anyway, just a small note to say, your messages on the humour page have had me in stitches over this last week, particularly the ones about your toaster and the Xmas Nopanic party!! Thats sounds like one for the diary.

No pressure or anything but keep it up, you may just cure us all with your funny stories.

sadie

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information