Thread: TEA

TEA

Hey.
    I really find tea helps me relax especially when I am feeling nervous/anxious.
    Its also good for you.
    Green & white tea seem to really help.
    Anyone have any other teas that are good?

Re: TEA

Do you drink the caffeine or caffeine free variety as caffeine is notoriously bad for panic/anxiety?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I seem to get an upset tummy when I am anxious, peppermint tea is fab for settling it down.

Helen xx

Quote Originally Posted by sazzle1505 View Post
    Hey.
    I really find tea helps me relax especially when I am feeling nervous/anxious.
    Its also good for you.
    Green & white tea seem to really help.
    Anyone have any other teas that are good?
    a lot of people say it makes them worse , but i find it helps me

I suffer terribly with night sweats and my sister in law said sage tea will stop it, but can i find it anywhere??? can i heck!

I always drink de caff tea and coffee, but i do drink gallons of green tea as its really good for you, and have recently been drinking redbush tea. This is meant to be good as well with loads of anti oxidants and hydrates you, it has a unusual taste but im quite liking it now

Hi I also drank Loads of Green Tea ..and still drink it ..but was very very surprised 2 learn It contains caffeine so do some fruit teas ..so I have cut down slightly and also have camomile tea now xxxx

I dont drink coffee or normal tea or pop so my caffiene intake is hopefully low xxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

I find tea makes me feel anxious, I haven't drank tea, coffee, Pepsi or Coke since April now. I still eat chocolate and sugary things but I know when enough is enough, my brain kind of tells me...no more.

The reason Green and White tea can relax you even though they contain small amounts of caffeine, is because they contain high levels of an amino acid called L-Theanine. This amino acid is involved in Serotonin production, and research says it brings about a feeling of calm and happiness. So much so, that you can buy L-Theanine supplements especially to combat anxiety. I've started taking some last week as I got a free sample from Solgar Vitamin Co. and thought I'd give them a go. As my anxiety isn't too bad at the moment, it's hard to tell if they're making a difference, but if anyone's interested you should try googling L-Theanine, there's a lot of good stuff written about it.
    Other teas with very low/no caffeine are Rooibos and Honeybush, both really nice. I found all caffeine containing drinks effected my IBS and I'd be rushing to the loo after drinking them!
    And message to Nanny: try making your own sage tea with sage from the shops and boiling water and steep for a few minutes, then drain before drinking. Or try a Sage tincture from health food shops, my mum found it really helpful when she was having night sweats and hot flashes.

Thread Information