Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scared of councelling tomorrow

scared of councelling tomorrow

hi, i start councelling tommorow and am wetting myself i was wondering if anybody can tell me what to expect? i dont know whats going to happen and am getting myself worked up. i am not very good at talking about i feel i have always kept things hidden and kept problems to myself but i have to do whatever it takes to make myself better i just scared i wont be able to handle it. i have writen everything down so they can read it though which is a massive thing in itself. i just really need to know whats going to happen when i get there so i can prepare myself.

Re: scared of councelling tomorrow

hi mrs debbie, there is absolutely no need to be afraid of the councellor tommorow i'm sure as many will agree they are very friendly, comforting and you feel very much at ease when you greet them!, so you'll be fine ! when i first met mine (4 sessions ago) she made me a tea straight away! hehe but they will probably start off asking things of anxiety in general and take things slowly at your pace, and will be very understanding so you will be fine! x

thanks very much for replying, what do you mean asking of anxiety? will they ask why im anxious or what ways i show it, i sorry if i asking too much i know each one going to be different, mine is in the doctors, i just kind of need to know what they will ask or want me to talk about, i went councelling when i was about 15 but only went one session it freaked me out too much so i couldnt go back

no they won't ask ya things if you don't feel comfortable saying, for me they just asked how i am and my feelings to start with and gave me a relaxation cd and excerpts from a book, its really nothing to worry about, i promise you!

cool, that doesnt sound like what i was expecting lol, i can do that especially if i get relaxation cd... beats a lolly and a sticker lol i do actually feel slightly less worried now, thanks x

Hiya m8 ....its understandable u feel anxious idid aswell as its something new .
    all councellors are different but they are there 2 help you ..Mine is at my docs aswell as Had 2 others cancel .

U only have 2 answer what u feel comfortable with aswell so dont feel pressured at all ...sometimes we have 2 give in alittle 2 help ourselves but if u feel uncomfortable or its not what u feel will hlp u can ask 4 another councillor .
    the 1 im seeing now I didnt like at 1st but I think it was because I had barrier up and was fighting anything she said ,but after a while I understood what she was saying was2 help me .

just go 2 moz with open mind and remember they are there 2 help ...please let us know how u get on xxxxxxxxx

big hugs and best wishes xxxx
    Titch xxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

ok i will thanks to you both, and titch i will let ya know how it goes. im very gratefull for both of your help

well..... i over slept which made me more anxious as i wanted to prepare.. felt like i was going to have a heart attack on way there. got there.. and the person i was seeing was off sick!!!!!!! they had been trying to ring yesterday.. i was not going to mention in a room of people i actually cant answer phones. so now i have to wait for another appointment and go through it all again. i cant believe it

Oh m8 ..wot a dissapointment .......just look at it though as it just wasnt ment 2 be .....my 1st 2 lots of CBT were cancelled and I was so annoyed but My councellor at docs is doing it herself now and she brill so in a way im glad they were cancelled now .

How long u got 2 wait have they said ....also as u overslept u prob wasnt in the right frame of mind and not got out of it what you needed 2 x

so chin up and a big hug from me
    u did well 2 get there in the 1st place x

Titch xxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Hi Mrs Debbie,

The most important thing on your counsellors mind will be for you to feel as comfortable as possible. They will fully expect you to be apprehensive and nervous, the secret is............. that's normal

A great counsellor will allow you to talk as much or as little as you like in your first session. Remember, these are your sessions.

Congratulations for taking a huge step on the road to your feeling good again. Just writing everything down is a great exercise to set you on the right track.

Imagine how you'll feel looking back in a few weeks and seeing how much difference it's made in your life.

Keep us informed of how you get on!

Good luck and be well
    Mark
    Last edited by anxiety.pro; 03-09-08 at 20:41. Reason: Remembered something else! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information