Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so scared,can`t believe it`s anxiety

so scared,can`t believe it`s anxiety

It`s a long post so please forgive me...
    Hi all,
    I tried to post last night but it didn`t work out[Oops!] . The first time I forgot to log in,and than i tried again and that time i forgot to put the subject! I just couldn`t do it again [V],it took me half an hour each time i tried[:I]...
    I`ve just been feeling absolutely horrible for the past eight days or so.I feel i don`t know what to do with myself anymore,i feel so scared. It started last tuesday literally all of a sudden. I was feeling a bit giddy,my husband was getting ready to go to work and i felt a bit aprehensive about staying on my own,i was scared i may start feeling worse. So just when he was about to leave i started feeling i can`t breathe,i can`t breathe in, i started to freak out the very minute, i was panicing like never before,i started asking him to call in sick, i was in a real state,i feel so ashamed telling you guys this...i was running around in panic,almost screaming, i just wanted him to take me to see someone straight away,i felt doomed,like i can`t believe what `s happening to me.And than i felt something in my chest which made me believe even more that there must be something really wrong this time,or maybe it was all the other times too,but they just didn`t look hard enough. I had this feeling it was so hard to explain to the doctor later, [quote]<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> [quote] [quote] [quote]i told her it felt like my lungs were irritated,but she said i would be coughing too than.But now hen i think it`s more like that feeling when you`re running fast and maybe not breathing properly or maybe breathing through your mouth...i don`t know if this means something,i`m not really sure if it is like that really cause i don`t remember when i ran the last time At that moment i just remember thinking that must be what it feels like after you`ve had an asthma attack...I`m thinking about asthma and breathing all the time since my husband`s got it,i started having breathing difficulties so much more often and scarier since i`ve met him...Anyway,i spent all of that day alone despairing.I went to the doctors tomorrow,she said i was fine and it does sound like anxiety,the tightness,so that was it. When i came back from her it started to be worse. The tightness got worse. I started feeling fainty and shaky and i thought it must be cause i don`t have enough air,i was freaking out.So i went to the hospital and saw out of hours doctor and he told me the same thing-anxiety can be quite consuming... Well that didn`t help since i still felt the same way and was losing my mind. I`m in a state ever since, i can`t think about anything, i try to relax and go passed it,but than it gets to me and i feel like i`m going frenzy inside...I feel this lump in my throat too and sometimes like my throat is tight too and i feel like it`s difficult to speak loud,like i can`t be bothered speaking,like i can`t let my voice out ,like it`s hard work,just like breathing feels hard work...it scares me too just like the other feeling i described(or not so well [8)]) ,it makes me scared that i really can`t breathe,that it`s not just muscle tightness or whatever...Anyone ever felt these things before? I`m frightened someone who has asthma will tell me about that other thing i described
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    that they feel it...I`m sorry guys i`m not being brief on this,actually being the opposite but i`m in real need of some reassurance and i support and i feel i must explain everything i feel-the tightness in my chest,i feel it in the middle,it`s so strong,sometimes feels like something`s smothering me,i can feel such a strong resistance to opening my chest that i feel like something`s pushing the air out while i try to breathe it in,i have the same feeling of a lump stuck in my throat in my chest,feels lik

Mila - Hi !

Firstly - sounds EXACTLY like classic panic attack symptoms to me - just plain old anxiety - and I know anxiety !
    Cognative Therapy sounds like an excellent place to start - you are on the road to recovery already.
    I've had similar levels of panic lately and I'm going down the hypnotherapy route - look forward to comparing notes on our progress !

Johnny.

hi johnny,thanks for replying,means so much.I know it sounds like panic,it just that it lasts 24 hours...i was thinking of hypnotherapy myself.

You can't beat "belly breathing" to put the brakes on, check out the
    First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety
    section from the
    Welcome to the NoMorePanic Forum
    post.
    Try it somewhere quiet and warm and you'll be amazed. 4 in, 6 out
    Just repeat, repeat, repeat no matter what - you're mind will soon be concentrating on nothing else !
    My first 'proper' hypnotherapy session tomorrow (Thursday 19th), so I'll keep you posted.

Johnny.

I do abdominal breathing,i`ve learned it with relaxation tape i tried before,and i do try to breathe like that .I don`t think i hyperventilate,because i am very concious of my breathing now especially and i am trying to breathe slow and deep...it`s the same....

hello Mila,

You sound exactly like me when I panic. I find that the best thing to do is distract yourself. Something that involves both thinking and physically doing something works best for me..

Sarah

Thank you so much for trying to reassure me...I am really trying to distract myself,there`s not much else i can do,but take the med,wait for the call or the letter about my therapy and try to just float with it...but i feel like there`s only so much i can endure,i go around doing things,trying to accept it,and all that and than i just cannot take it anymore,it`s just there all the time and it just overwhelms me sometimes,i just wish i could escape myself for a while,just if i could have a bit of a break....

hello, i to have had the same, i found it very hard to discribed at first i used to phone my mates and tell them that i feel 'funny' i still get the tight chest and pains but somehow after 5months i have not been panicing (doctor gave me propanolol and it seems to be working), i to felt at first how on earth could this be anxiety- i still do sometimes but after seeing doctors and going to a&e how can they be wrong, take care xxx jwonka

Hi Mila

I react just like you do and i myself sometimes find it overwhelming and so scary that i cant believe it is just anxiety or panic, but over time i have let it happen rather than fighting and thankfully although exhausted and totally out of line afterwards i have got through it and you will aswell hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

thanks so much for the support again...have anyone felt ever the other things i described beside tightness?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information