Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: duloxetine

duloxetine

hi all

saw my phycharatrist for the first time today, what a fantastic and positive experience it was.

am currently on 30mg of paroxetine, but she has suggested i up it to 40mg, or try another new drug duloxetine.

apparently this is the new 'wonder drug' but i have my reservations as they said that about seroxat and we all know that history.

am being rewiewed in 6 wks in which time it is my decission what to do.

i do feel better on 30mg of paroxetine, but it has been a slow improvement, dont really what to go trhough withdrawal just yet after such a hard 5 mth recovery, and not too sure about being used as a ginea pig for this new drug as there is not much research on it yet

has anyone heard of it, or taken it

any thoughts would be great

love Jane

hi Jane,

Glad things went well with your psychiatrist!! I don't know much about that med but am sure someone else will be able to tell you something..

Sarah

Hi Jane

Really glad your psychiatrist visit was a good and positive experience!

Wow, that looks like a super new antidepressant. I've just been reading about it. I would personally be reluctant to try it being so new, I'm not sure what your thoughts on the matter are?

Best Wishes,

Mark x

Near Efexor in composition

Cymbalta ( duloxetine)

For those of you who are confused about SNRI's and SSRI's and what exactly Cymbalta does, this was taken from the Cymbalta.com site.......

SNRI (serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor) -
    A class of antidepressants that are thought to relieve the symptoms of depression by helping to correct an imbalance of serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain and body.
    SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) -
    A class of antidepressants that are thought to relieve the symptoms of depression by helping to correct an imbalance in the brain's level of serotonin.

How Cymbalta works

Cymbalta works to help restore the balance of two naturally occurring chemicals in the brain and body: serotonin and norepinephrine. Research suggests that these chemicals play a role in both depression and diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain (DPNP).
    The science behind Cymbalta
    In the brain, serotonin and norepinephrine are associated with transmission of thoughts and feelings. Throughout the body, these chemicals help "turn down" the volume of pain signals. If these chemicals are out of balance, you may experience emotional symptoms, like depressed mood, or physical symptoms, like aches and pains.

Cymbalta helps restore both serotonin and norepinephrine. By addressing both, Cymbalta effectively relieves a broad range of depression symptoms. Cymbalta also effectively manages diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain (DPNP).

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi

thanks for the info meg.

was just wondering if you had any experience of people taking it maybe positive or negative .

what concerns me is in a few years time when all the problems and experiences come to light and i wish id never statred it

Jane

Jane ,

Its too new to comment. Noone has taken it long term yet.

All the extensive trials have been positive and it's being heavily advertised and marketed right now.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Re: duloxetine

has anyone been prescribed 120mg a day?

Hi
    Im the same as you ..on 30mg seroxat...my pysch wants me to taper off seroxat and slowly increase cymbalta......
    Not done as yet

I've been battling with Duloxetine for some time now, it took four weeks to kick in and then i had 3 normal weeks and had no anxiety then it came back so increased to 90mg after another 3 weeks i recovered again then crashed, Gp put it down again to 60mg and prescribed lorazapam. after 4 weeks of misery up to 90mg again and waiting a miracle!!! also waiting for a shrink appointment!!! So in a word I dont think too much of Dulox. Real insomnia on it too so what on earth 120mg would be like.

Talking Re: duloxetine

I've been on duloxetine now since June and it's been a godsend for me. Previously, I was on 50mg of seroxat for seven years, and I could have sworn by it until I started suffering from severe GAD. Meg has already recommended the manufacturer's site, another one that could help is askapatient.com to read reviews from other people who have experience of the med. It's currently being licensed for anxiety as well as depression. 60mg is meant to be the standard dose but it does come in 30s-some people take 120, but in all the info I read, on various trials they conducted, apparently people didn't really experience any great difference between taking 60 and 120.
    Sarah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information