Thread: Acid reflux

Acid reflux

Hi
    I have been suffering bad acid reflux for a couple of months now. Doctor sent me for an endoscopy which showed a hiatus hernia and inflamation of the esophogus caused from acid. He put me on ranitadine which has helped a bit.
    I've had a real bad few weeks with stress and my anxiety is back with avengence. I'm finding that the acid relux/indigestion/bloating/chest pain/coughing/nausea comes back in late afternoon/evening time and I also feel awful first thing in the morning before I've taken my tablets. I feel very, very sick with it - does anyone else feel this way??? i'm hungry, but I dont really want to eat (if that makes sense!!).
    Its really getting to me - need some reassurrance.
    Thanks
    Judi

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! (peanuts)

Re: Acid reflux

Hi Judi, just spoke to my aunt who as hiatus hernia, she asked wether you sleep propped up with plenty of pillows apparantly this helps. She also keeps a few biscuits or crackers and a bottle of water at the side of her bed then as soon as she wakes up she eats, drinks and takes her meds (before she gets up out of bed). She says this helps too! She also takes stemetil to stop the nausea/sickness. I take stemitil too to combat my anxiety nausea, it does help!
    Hope you get some relief soon x

Hiya Judipat

Yeah-i have suffered this for a long time, got so bad i ended up in hosp one night thinking i was having a heart attack. Once they realised what it was, i got several bits of advice and i have to say it worked.

If you get it at night or wake up with it. Place 3 large books under the head of the top of your bed, this keeps you more upright and stops the acid from building up! Don't use more pillows as your abdomin is bent then and traps the acid.

Stay off spicey foods and gassy drinks!

I take zantac for mine but don't work for all

Hope this helps

Love lisa
    xxx

Thanks both for the advice - I will try your suggestions. I'm going to the docs on Tues - may ask if I can try some different meds, Nic swears by losec. Must say that I have felt better today as I am not so anxious/stressed.
    Thanks again
    Judi xxxxxx

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! (peanuts)

Thread Information