Thread: Valium

Valium

Hi there Im currently taking 80mg of prop but have been given valium by the docs to take as and when I need it (they were their exact words) up to 15 mg a day, can any one else out ther let me know what dosages they are on and how and when they take it. Strangly with me I dont need it at night or to get to sleep but when I wake up early in the morn and cant face gettin out of bed cause of the anxiety I feel i start popping them usually 8-10 mg they dont however work I dont sleep all I do is drift of in to to a hallucinigenic (not spelt right I know) state and have very vivid half asleep dreams that just freak me out, this happen to anyone else?

Re: Valium

Hi hun.
    I took valium - diazapam for many years, but they didnt have the effects on me the same you have explained. Mine helped me feel relaxed which in turn helped me sleep. If your not feeling as well as you think you should by now, maybe you should go back to see your gp and tell him how your feeling....see what he says.
    I wish you luck xxxx

valium was my no1 choice for helping me to relax,for a good few years 10mg was enough to get me into town and do my shopping etc-and for a sufferer of social anxiety thats a massive thing for me!

my gp put me on rivotril now and i find it better and the half life is longer so im good for quite a few hours-they do thou send me to zzz when im not active-i.e just sittin in the chair watchin tv i will just fall asleep at random.

i still have valium about and use it now n then but it doesnt have the effect it once did,which was the reason gp put me on rivotril, the valium just stopped doing its job.
    one thing ive found is i cant drink on rivotril as it just knocks me senseless,but on the valium i can and seem to be able to drink more for some reason.

to answer your dosage question,my gp 1st put me on 5mg a day and i got repeats every month,then after 2 years i moved and new gp didnt want me on such a high dose so cut me to 2mg a day or as required-i got 30 tabs a month..this 2mg done sweet fa and i was always using about 6mg.
    i then went the online pharmacy route and got 10mg tabs,and thats how i was for a good 5 years 10mg just when i needed-maybe 2wice a week.
    now if i was to get the same effect i would probs need 20-25mg but as i say valium is not my first choice anymore.
    but 15mg is a good dose,i wouldnt think about increasing it.it may be that its just not right for you if it isnt reducing your anxiety.
    i know a few people whom valium just didnt do much for..weird i know but we are all different.

good luck!

You could ask for oxazepam instead (Sobril or Alopam they are called in my country, propably something different in yours) this is "Valium-light". I simply can't function with Valium, I get sick from them the day after to. Oxazepam is much gentler..

Thread Information