Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird chest sensations after meals.....

Weird chest sensations after meals.....

Hello there friends,

I was wondering if anybody else here gets any of these sensations after meals:

-chest pain
    -chest pressure
    -"heavy" heartbeats, i.e. the heartbeat can be felt throughout the entire chest area
    -elevated heartbeats

I am usually fine for most of the day, then after meals i get some of these sensations and it ups my anx levels bigtime. Also, when i lay down for bed i get some of these same feelings.

Re: Weird chest sensations after meals.....

Hi,I can relate to these sensations your'e having,especially when I lay down in bed.My heart has been really bad lately i.e palpatations,feeling thumping in my chest etc especially when I lay down in bed,it was that bad the other night I had to get up as I couldn't get rid of it.I went to the doc and said I was worried so he is going to investigate further,he does think it is anxiety though and so do I.When you get the feelings are you feeling panicky or anxious at the same time?as there will be a link if you are.I don't get the heavy feeling in chest after eating but I have had it at other times.Hope you soon feel better.

hey, i get a feeling like that after I eat a bit too much. I also feel like i need to boak aswell and have been told by doctors that this is related to anxiety.

i would say its indegestion to be honest.
    i get pains all day.
    pins and needles all day.
    and tight throat but they say im fine lol.
    i think theres something wrong with me but thats just my opinion and they are sure they are right.

Hiya tHamera

Yip describes perfectly what I get sometimes. Pretty sure it's just under trait of anxiety.

TC

Jaco

Hey,

I remember reading something else to do with this a while ago...wish remember where!

Anyway there's a major nerve called the Vagus nerve - the longest in your body - that runs from brainstem to bottom (!) and innervates most of your vital organs...lungs, heart, kidneys, liver, stomach etc. I read that big meals can stimulate the branch of the nerve that serves your stomach and it can have a knock-on effect on your heart such as palpitations! How weird! But I guess not so weird when you think that everything in your body is kind of squished together.

Or maybe it's just a chemical thing, related to blood sugar levels?

Does this help at all? I'm sure it's very normal, I have it often too.

Take care,

Anna. x
    "There. You've just said it. It got better."

sounds like heartburn/indisgestion & anxiety all rolled into one. xx

My dad was experiencing chest pains just like this. He was admitted to hospital and had every test imaginable. They could find nothing wrong with him as all of the tests came back negative. It was decided it was indigestion and he has since cut out caffine which has helped tremendously. Hope this helps.

I have this after big meals only. No wonder though, there's extra work for your body to digest all that food. Which means more work for your heart.

I've had this since January and just had it again today. It feels like the inside of my body is tightening or closing up. There is not really pain but a stiffness to my torso and I tend to feel warm. I went to a gastroenterologist two months ago and he said there was too much acid in my stomach but the pills he prescribed only made me worse when they began wearing off each day. I've tried modifying what I eat, including eating yogurt everyday but it doesn't help all that much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information