Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My experience of seroxat

My experience of seroxat

I was first put on this in 1998 for depression and ocd and I have to say it worked wonders on my ocd symptoms within two weeks it had made a huge difference. I was initialy on 20mg but suffered a couple of depression relapses so was upped to 30mg which I am on to this day I want to try and come off it but am scared at the thought. I did have one period five years ago after being mugged I had a major breakdown and my doc told me to take 30mg of valium as well as upping my seroxat to 50 mg a day not a good move GPs really like to play god sometimes. I literaly went off my head the 50mg of seroxat put me on another planet I could not even co-ordinate my legs to walk in a straight line after two weeks I put myself back down to 30mg and hey presto felt normal again with no side effects. Seroxat is strong and several docs and pyscs Ive seen have told me that different people handle different amounts my limit is 30mg, incidentally their is a medical paper cant remember who published it but it claims that there is no added benefit to taking any more than 20mg of seroxat a day. Just thought I would share my experience in case it may be of use to you out there, one other point I have found is that excessive alchohol consumption and I mean excessive not just a few pints can limit the effects of the drug in my experience anyway, I have also found that I can take my tabs 5 out of 7 days with no adverse effects as I know they have a very short half life, hope this can be of help to somebody , bye Owain

Re: My experience of seroxat

i Have Nothing Good To Say About This Medication And I Would Ban Its Use Worldwide!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplehaze View Post
    i Have Nothing Good To Say About This Medication And I Would Ban Its Use Worldwide!!!!!
    may i ask y...as im on it x

Angry Re: My experience of seroxat

If you would ban it I would have no quality of of life ever again!

Quote Originally Posted by joyce1980 View Post
    If you would ban it I would have no quality of of life ever again!
    i agree it has helped me out of a horrible black hole i wouldnt be with out it

Hi

I would ban it because of how it changes peoples personalities. I accept that it does help some but when you dig deeper into the side effects of being on it and coming off it then a different picture comes into view. There are other more affective meds on the market and thankfully my own doc no longer gives it out.

Me too

Hi

I would ban it because of how it changes peoples personalities. I accept that it does help some but when you dig deeper into the side effects of being on it and coming off it then a different picture comes into view. There are other more affective meds on the market and thankfully my own doc no longer gives it out.

I have come off it before I didn't change! but after 3 months my anxiety came back, so I went back on it.

I think maybe you should know that some people have anxiety due to a imbalance in brain chemicals and some because of their life experiences.

The only side effect I have is i'm more hungry.

How about you stop demanding it to be banned and just choose not to take it yourself.

I'm offended you think that our personality changes.

I have personally had a good experience on it, except for trying to come off it. I agree that it is not a good med for all people, but some people do actually find it very helpful.

I was taking this for some time and it did help my condition a lot. I experienced no side effects at all and i was taking 20mg. My only problem was coming off it, i fell pregnant and i had to come off it cold turkey, now that was the horrible part. The withdrawals were very unpleasant...so weaning with your doc is very advisable. When i went bad again my doc wouldn't prescribe it again because of all the bad press so i was prescribed cipralex instead...again no side effects. I don't take anything now and i really am hoping to keep it that way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information