Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My experience of seroxat

Re: My experience of seroxat

I was on paroxetine a few years ago. I had no side effects starting it or being on it but did a stupid thing and decided to stop taking them without gradually lowering the dose. I got horrible neck jerks and weird sensations of 'electricity flashes' in my head where I'd feel like I was losing conciousness for a few seconds. I cut down to half a tablet each day then half a one every other day then I was ok coming off. I recently went back on anti-depressants but the dr said paroxetine is not recommended any more as the first port of call because of the withdrawal effects.

My life would be a lot worse without Seroxat/Paroxetine But I wish so much that I could live without any tablets . If you are careful with the tablets the side effects are just ok .But if you can cope without them please do, as you panic (if you like me ) about being on them but if you not will you still panic so it catch 22 on or off ??????

Hi All

I have just been put on these after suffering side effects of Citralopram, its my second day so cannot really comment but I do feel strange, if thats the right word. I want to ask what side effects others are having.I am on half a tab of 10mg for six days.I feel really spaced out.

Looking forward to your replies.

Sharon

there would be a lot of very unwell people out there without seroxat it works wonders.... its been the best med for my OCD and it hasnt changed my personality!!!!

Seroxat worked for me initially then after a few years my prblems came back, so with the help of my Gp I stopped taking them in March 2005. I had the most horrendous time coming off those pills and I am still suffering now.I would rather have my original problem back than have to live the way I do now.Not everyone will suffer this badly but some do it was a hell of a price to pay for a few years without panic attacks!

i have experienced withdrawal process... not out of choice...by missing my meds for a few days.. this was awful....
    head jolts, like electric going thru my head
    Sweating
    un controllable crying
    feeling not in reality
    hot cold
    frightened of being alone

Does this sound familiar with anyone??

You had all of those for just missing a few days worth of doses? That really is quite extreme.

When I was on seroxat (and on the highest doese too) I could tolerate skipping doses upto 4 days before it became problematic especially in the regards of brain zaps. I suppose it affects everyone differently.

Effexor seems more troublesome for me though. If I miss a dose for a day I get bad headaches even while only being on 75mg (Which is a pretty low dose).

My doctor prescribed me Seroxat for anxiety/hyperventilation in January. I was only taking 10mg a day, but today is the first day I have gone without it and I feel a lot better.

I was having hypnotherapy at the same time, so maybe that helped too, but Seroxat really did help me. Perhaps it's worse for people on higher doses who want to come off, but being on a low dose has been fine.

Just a bit of balance to the argument.

Hi

Good luck with coming off them, let me know how you are.

Sharona

Seroxat works wonders for a lot of people. I think the major problem for 1.000's of people is when they want to stop taking it.

I started out 15 years ago on Lustral (you can see my story in my intro), but was moved onto Seroxat at some point and my life ceased to be in any ordinary way.

At the moment, as I write, it is as if someone is sporadically playing tennis in my head and this is because I have gone 'cold turkey'.

Yes foolish beyond belief, but I and this drug have known each other for a long time and I know it is my last hope of getting off it and I am prepared for the consequences.

I have tried reducing and stopping over the years to no avail.. something or someone always pushed me to a point where I had to re take.

Things are a little different in my life now and I have every hope of succeeding.

Today is day 7 of a seroxat free life and along with the head trauma I have the not sleeping and when I am sleeping, doing so like a dead person, dreaming in horrific and graphic detail and having to be shaken awake from my nightmares.

Oh happy days...xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information