Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: does anyone else feel like a ticking time bomb??

Smile Re: does anyone else feel like a ticking time bomb??

Quote Originally Posted by Neilr1978 View Post
    I know the thread title is a bit extreme but when i am going through a bad spell of ectopics im waiting for the nest one or feeling stressed that im getting them in the first place which your right brings more ectopics on,my family only have to look at me the wrong way and i get stroppy.Do many of you get like this when the dreaded ectopics comes calling?.With me its the waiting for the BIG ONE!! if you know what i mean i find it so draining and the fear i get from them makes me snap at the very people who help me the most
    hi neil. i feel exactly the same as you and i am permanently waiting for the big one. i have had a bad spell of ectopics lately and iam fed up with taking myself to the drs for a ecg. everyday i think today is the day. on the days they dont happen i worry about them happening the next day and so it goes on. i wouldnt wish this on anybody but it is reassuring to speak to people like yourself and to know someone else understands what i am going through. this has been happening me for about 13 years and i am still here and the big one hasnt happened yet but i cannot think logically when i am having ectopics. thankyou for listening, debbie

Re: does anyone else feel like a ticking time bomb??

I also find its very hard to be logical when the sheer terror kicks in.My g.p and councillor say think this think that or deep breathing,but when im already at the stage where i feel like ive got seconds before i collapse i cant think oh its anxiety the doctors have checked you etc.I think god im gonna die,i tell my wife get ready to do c.p.r to keep me going until the paramedics arrive,thats how real it is to me all of you.I have had some success with when i just start to feel like im going to panic i can talk myself back down,but even thats only 50/50 and when a ectopic comes out of nowhere like they mostly do for me its like flicking a switch to terror mode again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information