Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a lump in my groin now!!!!

Found a lump in my groin now!!!!

Still havng this obsession with searching for other lumps. Last night I was prodding round my groin area when I felt a larger lump, bout as big as a kidney bean. I have one the other side, but the left sided one is smaller. I can only move them side to side really as well. They feel a lot softer than my other nodes, like muscle soft, and the other nodes in my groin are all normal, all the same each side.

Do you reckon its just a lump of muscle each side I was feeling? I got so worked up about it last night I found it hard to sleep, and even when I did and I was dreaming, I was actually checking them in my dreams! How crazy is that!

I suppose though if it was cancerous and it spread from my neck to my groin, I would be at least having some other symptoms right, and it would have shown up on my blood test? Or maybe I've had these lumps all along and not noticed till now....

Re: Found a lump in my groin now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tango1610 View Post
    Still havng this obsession with searching for other lumps. Last night I was prodding round my groin area when I felt a larger lump, bout as big as a kidney bean. I have one the other side, but the left sided one is smaller. I can only move them side to side really as well. They feel a lot softer than my other nodes, like muscle soft, and the other nodes in my groin are all normal, all the same each side.

Do you reckon its just a lump of muscle each side I was feeling? I got so worked up about it last night I found it hard to sleep, and even when I did and I was dreaming, I was actually checking them in my dreams! How crazy is that!

I suppose though if it was cancerous and it spread from my neck to my groin, I would be at least having some other symptoms right, and it would have shown up on my blood test? Or maybe I've had these lumps all along and not noticed till now....
    They are fine, stop poking around. What ever part of your body to probe you will find a lump and bumps of sorts. Please relax and forget about them. Sorry just removed the boobs bit, I have a terrible habit of assuming that everyone on here is a female.
    Last edited by Trixie; 16-09-08 at 18:17.

These are lymph nodes and perfectly normally. Mine are very prominent and easily felt. There are quite a few, all of different sizes

It makes me panic a little because I have a swollen lymph node on my neck, which I'm getting a biop for next fortnight, and the larger lump of these 2 in my groin is on my right side too. Surely if it was bad and it had spread down my right side, it would have affected all the lymph nodes I can feel from my neck and my groin down that side, would it?

Hi Tango,
    Jenny is right, these sound very much like lymph glands. However, i can understand your panic, my 22 mth old son as been to the hospital recently due to the same thing. The consultant said straight away that they were lymph glands and perfectly normal. He said that we all have them and that some peoples are more prominent than others. It's not advisable to be poking and prodding at them either as you could make the area sore.
    I would try not to worry but if you really arent convinced you could always go see your doctor for his/her opinion.

Im not gonna worry or se the doc about it because 2 weeks today I'm going to the ENT clinic at the hospital to get my needle thing done....should I mention it to them, even though s not specifically ear nose or throat???

still dunno about lymph glands there, the ones I feel above the larger one are firmer than this one....and it just doesnt feel like a node, more like a lump of fat, its a lot squishier than any of the nodes above it.

Plus, the nodes above would be raised too if i've had it a while??? would it be safe to rule out it having anything to do with the neck lump, thats my only concern about this.
    Last edited by Tango1610; 16-09-08 at 09:38.

we all have lumps and bumps all over our body what we don't know about, stop prodding about! lol or it could be if you have been shaving 'down there' might be ingrowing hair or something. that can cause little lumps.

it's not the shavin thing....I should probably mention now that I'm a man. And it's just on the inside of the top of my leg, I'm not sure where the groin ends and the hastring/quads begin, so even if I wasn't, I doubt I'd be THAT hairy lol!

not too fussed, I just would like to know if it would bear any relevance on the lump in my neck, as their both on my right side but all nodes I can feel between them (the ones directly above this lump, my armpit nodes and the ones I feel nearest to the gland in my neck) feel normal.

I not too fussed about catching something bad, its just if it was would it have spread all the way down that right side.......which is the thing thats scaring me at the moment.

Hi there Tango 1610...

I too suffer from swollen lymph glands - I have three, one in the groin. Since accepting the doctors assurances, I am going to forget about them. If they are soft it really is nothing to worry about (easier said than done!!!)

I completely understand where you are coming from - the problem with lumps, they really are there and can not be assigned to a sympton of anxiety.

I wish you all the best and hope that you can accept the doctors word and get some reassurance from the posts on this site - it has really, really helped me.

Best wishes from a fellow sufferer

R x

Still havng this obsession with searching for other lumps. Last night I was prodding round my groin area

Seriously? You need to get a hobby. Or get out more.

This 'lump in your groin'... does it swell up when you prod it?

The opinions stated above are the personal opinions of the writer, and not intended to offend or denigrate any opinions held by anyone else.

I think it's kinda funny, I think it's kinda sad,
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information