Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: increased dose mirtazapine

Re: increased dose mirtazapine

hi all hope ur all doing well went to the dr,s on the he still keeps telling me to up the dose to 30 does any 1 now if u up them will it give u the same down feeling as when u start on them he also said he would give be a long term sick note i carnt afford not to work but worryn about going back as i have bn of nearly 5 months does any 1 no how much u get if u went on long term sick hope u all keep well xx

Hi Maria, it depends on which company you work for, different companys have different sick pay schemes, it may also depend on your length of service etc. The maximum cover at the company I work for is 26 weeks and thats after 10 years service, I think then when that runs out you may be eligible for statutory sick pay (reduced ammount from your salary) but you would need to check with your own company. I am feeling much better (day 21 today), the zaps I was suffering with have almost gone and I wake up pretty early now and dont feel tired any more. My Gp is leaving me on this dose as far as I know but there are others on here that are on a higher dose so may be able to advise you how you will feel if you do increase. Nice to hear from you. Let me know what you decide to do. Jo.xx

hi jo nice to hear ur ok my work only give u 3months half pay 3 months full so nearly at the end of half pay my dr,s looking into if its anything to do with my monthlys coz thats when i keep going down. iam due on the 1st so dont want to start on the 30 just yet coz i want to see if it is xx

Hi Maria, yes that may contribute...I know that over this last couple of weeks I had my monthly too and it did add to the feelings I was going through making it worse. Good you Gp looking into it all. You will get there hun, I know you will. Its early days for me still...I am at the GP next Friday, I was due back to work on the 8th but am going to ask for a couple more weeks off to ensure I am even stronger before I go back. I have a pretty stressful job, so need that time. Keep in touch. Jo.xx

hi joe thanks yes make sure ur 100% first thats me iam due back on the 11th its hard when u have bn off so long thoe my job also is hard iam an aviation security officer and the shifts are crap 4am starts some days

Hi Maria, After having those lovely 4 days I went down hill again and after visiting my GP this morning have got to increase my dose to 30mg. I am scared like you but dont want to continue waking up feeling horrible so I am going to do it. I have 2 more full weeks before I go back to work so am hoping any side effects will of worn off by then. I will let you know how I feel etc. Hope you still doing good!!! JO.xx

Hi Jo try no to worry too much about going up to 30mg. I am sure you will feel the benefits after a couple of weeks. As you might already know I went straight in on 30 mg of mirtazapine this time and recently went up to 45mg. 30mg had previously worked for me and had lifted my depression and paranoia and suicidal thoughts. This time it has taken much longer for me to feel any benefit but I am definitely much better now. It has taken about a month. You will have time to get used to the increased dose. You might experience more tiredness. I would ask your GP for referral to see a psychiatrist now there has been a change in your condition.

Hi ElizabethJane, thanks for your support. Dont feel as bad this morning as when I first started taking the mirtazipine. I actually dont think I slept quite as heavy as I kept waking during the night. I woke up a little later this morning and did feel the "down" and "everything I usually like doing feeling horrible" feeling as in previous days but the side effects from the extra dose of mirtazipine just made me feel a bit spaced out and heavy, this was 2 hours ago, I am now starting to feel more awake thankfully.

I am missing my treadmill as I usually do an hour each morning on this and it helps me to feel better...roll on Tuesday when the new one arrives. Jo

hi jo sorry to hear ur feeling down again i hope ur feeling a bit better soon even thoe it feels like the end of the world now u will get there its a horrable feeling i hated the not sleeping bit of the depresion iam still only on the 15 mls i dont feel as sleepy on them any more and iam waking up about 6am iam due back into work next week so hope it all goes well will u let me no how u felt on the 30s and how long it took u to get them working as dont no if to up them still as i carnt go back to work to b off again if i did thanks xx

Hi Maria, I took my first 30mg last night. I did wake up a little later but apart from feeling a little spaced out and heavy when I got up (which was around 8.30) by 10.30 I was feeling pretty good. The heavy/spaced out feeling had gone and the "down" feeling had gone too. All in all I have had (so far) a pretty good day. I walked to the local shops then after lunch I drove to the nearest town and looked around the shops. It's such a lovely day here I have just washed the car. So far so good. I have 2 more full weeks before I return to work and then when I do I will only be doing 3 hours the first week so I feel quite positive at the moment. Alot of me feeling the way I do has been down to this forum, as I dont know what I would of done some days without it. Some of the people on here are so caring and kind. Will keep you updated of how am doing. I do hope everything goes o.k for you when you go back to work next week. Will you be doing full-time hours? Are you looking forward to it? I sometimes feel I really want to go back then I get those negative feelings pop back up and wonder how I am going to be. We will probably both be fine. Hope so anyhow. Keep in touch. Love Jo.xx

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information