Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weight loss

weight loss

hi every one just wanderd has anyone lost weight through anxiety i went to docs acouple of months ago for my colestrol and it was a bit high but he said i had diabestes and said i had to go on a diet not tablets so i packed up sugar and ate healthy but iv droped to 12.5 stone and now i cant stop worrying loseing weight i cant get it of my mind i might have cancer or something

Re: weight loss

hey Melvin,
    i've lost weight because of my anxiety, i'm so busy stressin about everything that i forget to eat or when i do eat its usually about only one meal a day recently. eating healthy makes you lose weight so don't worry about cancer.i think your gonna be fine

Hi melvin, like robertz, I've lost weight through stress, especially recently when I was ill (with a virus). Also, while ill I tried to eat more healthily and with that and the virus and the anxiety the weight just melted off me. It is scary to unintentionally lose weight but remember you have changed your diet recently so that will have an effect. Weight loss because of cancer, as I understand it, is usually a huge amount of weight in a really short space of time, like a few weeks. And you'd have a lot of other symptoms too if it had got to that stage. If you're really worried, maybe go back to your doctor to check that you're managing the diabetes OK. You'll be fine

Hi Melvin,

I have lost 3 stone in 5 months through anxiety and being sick. I have also changed my diet to a lot healthier food so I think some of it has been down to that. I have also been drinking a lot of water (3 litres odd a day) as advised by my GP. A consultant told me 4 weeks ago to not drink so much water as it is

a) a proven way to lose a lot of weight
    b) water can actually act as an appetite suppressant

I was told to drink fruit juice or squash etc instead as plain water is not as gentle on your stomach as most people think.

Since I have cut back on water my appetite has returned pretty much to normal although I think the citalopram has helped as well.

I lost a stone in 1 month and that's something for someone who is already 8 stone.... I looked awful

Read my old post we all seem to suffer from this, your metabolism is going 10000 miles per hour

well i don't know if he was right, but my doctor told me that weight loss related to cancer is typically more the later stages of the disease, and happens because people are already very ill. i lost a ton, and have been able to put some back on as i came out of my acute anxiety phase. i can actually eat now!

it does get better

Hi Melvin, yes anxiety can cause weight loss for some people as it can burn off food much quicker. But since youve stopped eating sugar and been eating more healthily surely this is an obvious reason for the weight loss dont you think?

Best wishes
    Cathy xxx

Hi Melvin,

Yes, I have lost weight due to the anxiety. I've lost just over a stone. I've also cut out sugar, as I heard it can aggravate the anxiety, so I think cutting out sugar is definitely the reason for your losing weight (by the way, I had also thought about cancer, but my doctors assured me that it is not the case).

Hope that helps. )

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

I was really glad to read this post. I have lost over a stone in about 6 weeks. It has really freaked me out. People keep telling me that ive lost weight, which adds to the anxiety/ worry.
    I am starting to realise that the anxiety will try and "pin" itself to anything it can.
    In the last 2 months, I have worried about heart problems, lung problems, brain tumas and now stomach issues.
    What I find funny (if I was in a laughing mood), is that when each of these things occured they were so real and yet when i think about them now, it seems ridiculous. So I am reminding myself that this issue will end up the same. Sadly I think I will find something else to worry about. I am starting to beleive that my brain needs to "worry" through conditioning.
    For anyone reading this and feeling as desperate as I do sometimes. Know that you are not alone and dont let it run your life. I want my life back.

remember to have the willingness to do what you do, so that you can be who you want to be

I loose weight when I have anx it fluctuates up and down but only by a few pounds, having said that I have to eat no matter how bad my anx is cause I am one of the many I have seen posting on this site who suffer from low blood sugar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information