Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Chrissie here!!

I'd just like to add that I've found this forum to be very comforting. Having had panic and anxiety for twenty years, one of the frustrations was finding anyone who could relate to what I was going through. I think that all I wanted, and still want, was somewhere I could tell people about it all without them trying to cure me, pity me or shun me. This board allows me to do this, and I know people here know exactly how I feel or have felt in the midst of panic. I just wish I'd found it earlier!

Jim

I agree with you Jim, this forum has been the best thing that has probably happened for me and my anxiety since they started 3 years ago. Its so comforting to know that when things feel out of control, you can just come on here and read other peoples anxiety experiences, listen (not literally) to other peoples advice or post your own worries etc and ask for help.

I have read so many books etc since my anxiety started..all which give similar advice to what is given on this forum but up until now it has never had much influence on me. However, I have found over the last few weeks that when the panic monster rears its ugly head, I have thought of what advice I have been given here and have managed to panic less...which is great!! For me , being able to speak openly and not being frightened or embarassed of what scares me during my anxiety attacks has definetly helped me. I have always felt embarassed to discuss my 'illness' with people up until now..now theres no stopping me!!

Thanks to all who have helped me over these last few weeks..I am sooo grateful.and I hope I have managed to give a little something back somehow.

Take care everyone

sadie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information